Author Topic: creaky noise  (Read 5365 times)

Offline Jeni_R_

• Here all the time
creaky noise
« on: 03 October 2017, 16:18 »
Wee other thing

When i reverse down a hill be it a little one or big one where i need to turn the steering wheel clockwise i get a creak/squeak from the back drivers side of the car any ideas ? i am so reluctant to take it back to AC  :angry: they supposedly did the service on the 1st Sept but DH changed the oil and the filter and when he took the filter out it was definitely not one that had been put in 125 miles ago !

Offline mcmaddy

• Forum addict
Re: creaky noise
« Reply #1 on: 03 October 2017, 16:44 »
Rear suspension shock absorbers were an issue on early models. Take it to a VW dealer and get them to check it.
TCR, Pure Grey, DCC, Dynaudio and Climate Screen.

Offline Watts

• Forum addict
« Reply #2 on: 03 October 2017, 16:51 »
Get someone in the back to try and identify where the noise is coming from, could be anything. Door seals are very creaky and need lubricating, could be as simple as that.
2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.

Was - 2015 Tornado Red 3dr GTI PP, manual, Santiagos, Audi short shifter.

Offline Jeni_R_

• Here all the time
« Reply #3 on: 03 October 2017, 18:49 »
Rear suspension shock absorbers were an issue on early models. Take it to a VW dealer and get them to check it.

My nearest VW dealer is 40 mins away may take to my local garage see what he says

Offline fredgroves

• Serious forum addict
  • Professional Um Bongo drinker
« Reply #4 on: 03 October 2017, 20:12 »
Could be suspension, but also door seals or even the arm rest in the rear seats
Current: Mk8 GTI DSG, Adelaides, DCC, HUD, HK, Winter Pack, Rear Camera.. Aka "HMS Weasel"

Gone: 2017 Mk7.5 GTD,manual, NavPro
Gone: 2014 Mk7 GTD, manual, NavPro, DCC

Offline Davey-c

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #5 on: 03 October 2017, 20:30 »
My father in law had a similar issue and took it to VW in Belfast. Turned out to be something to do with the mechanism that holds the back seat in place. VW replaced his back seat which fixed it.
2023 Golf R 20 Years, Lapiz Blue, 19 Inch Black Estoril Alloys, Rear Camera, Harmon Kardon Sound System.

Offline fredgroves

• Serious forum addict
  • Professional Um Bongo drinker
« Reply #6 on: 04 October 2017, 07:37 »
Yes, I forgot that one. From what I've read on here, it's more likely to be something other than suspension despite the first thought being that
Current: Mk8 GTI DSG, Adelaides, DCC, HUD, HK, Winter Pack, Rear Camera.. Aka "HMS Weasel"

Gone: 2017 Mk7.5 GTD,manual, NavPro
Gone: 2014 Mk7 GTD, manual, NavPro, DCC

Offline monsta

• I live here
« Reply #7 on: 04 October 2017, 13:04 »
I have creaky suspension!  It happened once during warranty, I took a technician for a ride in the car so they could hear it first hand. They solved it by greasing the suspension mounting points - or so they told me.

Anyway it comes back again in cold weather, not all of the time so to be honest now I'm out of warranty I've been living with it.  I get the occasional creak on awkward uneven turnings, like into a driveway at an angle or over a speed bump (when not head on).

My car is a 2013 (December) GTI PP.  If you learn of a fix, please let me know.  I'll mention it to my dealer on next service to see what they have to say.

Offline kalimon

• I live here
  • My other car's a van
« Reply #8 on: 04 October 2017, 15:03 »
I don’t know about creaky suspensions but you must hold the most new threads in short time of ownership record, that’s for sure!
5 DR Mk 7 GTI PP
Carbon Grey, Dynaudio, Car Net App, High Beam Assist, Rear View Camera. Collected 14/03/16

Offline barrym381

• Forum addict
« Reply #9 on: 04 October 2017, 16:12 »
I don’t know about creaky suspensions but you must hold the most new threads in short time of ownership record, that’s for sure!
Your sounding as if there is a problem with that  :whistle: