Author Topic: Tour  (Read 1705 times)

Offline ed30James

• Not said much yet
Tour
« on: 10 August 2017, 16:11 »
Ive been out in the dordogne with the family and proving the clubsport makes for a great family tourer. Acc is great on the long motorway trips and the dsg box was made to be played with on the windy/hilly French B roads.

Unfortunaltey whilst sat in a little cafe with the car parked 5 yards away some French %%€£@ just smashed his passenger door on to my passenger door. It hasn't dented mine but has taken a slither of paint off my door. I can't post photos from my phone.

Is that a little touch up job or bigger than that. It looks like it has taken paint down to the metal.

Any help thanks.

Ps I tried to talk with the car full of our French cousins who simply kept saying non. They wouldn't. Even admit they did it and I'd just watched them do it!

Fuming
Edition 40 Number 664

Previously Edition 30 Number 2269

Offline SRGTD

• I live here
Re: Tour
« Reply #1 on: 10 August 2017, 16:53 »
That's so annoying James - not what you want when you're on holiday. I'd also be fuming if it happened to me.

Difficult to provide an opinion without a picture of the damaged area. How large is the area of damage and whereabouts on the door is it? What colour is your car? If the damage is small and in a fairly inconspicuous area, i think I'd try and touch it in first. If you're not happy with the results, then you could investigate other options when you get back to the UK. A light metallic colour may be more difficult to get a good inconspicuous result with a touch up pen, as it sometimes looks a different shade, but it depends on size and location of the damage.
2020 Polo GTI Plus; Pure White, DSG (because they all are)
Gone but not forgotten;
2016 Polo GTI; Blue Silk
2011 mk6 Golf GTD; Carbon Grey
2007 mk5 Golf GT (2.0 170bhp TDI version); Deep Black Pearl
2002  mk4 Golf GTI (the 150 bhp diesel version); Deep Black Pearl

Offline Watts

• Forum addict
« Reply #2 on: 10 August 2017, 21:22 »
As above, I'd treat it as a chip first if possible, annoying as it is I'd avoid going down the route of respraying. I got a similar (by the sound of it) chip in a car park but only seems to have taken some lacquer off but bloody annoying. And you just can't help noticing it every time.
2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.

Was - 2015 Tornado Red 3dr GTI PP, manual, Santiagos, Audi short shifter.

Offline Briggsy

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #3 on: 10 August 2017, 22:16 »
Hopefully you responded in kind.

Offline Greerso

• Not said much yet
« Reply #4 on: 11 August 2017, 10:40 »
Always happens no matter how careful you are - so annoying  :angry:

Try a touch up with a tooth pick might do the job