Author Topic: Mk7.5 GTI/ GTD - Mud Flaps  (Read 14313 times)

Offline Wheelebin

• Just got here
Mk7.5 GTI/ GTD - Mud Flaps
« on: 28 July 2017, 07:38 »
Hi everyone!!

Justvtaken delivery of a pre-registered 2017 mk7.5 GTD and I asked about mud flaps being added on! Told it's not Possible despite being options on the VWUK website new car configuratior?!?!

Anybody any thoughts/ideas/experience of this?!?!

Thanks

Offline Wide

• I live here
Re: Mk7.5 GTI/ GTD - Mud Flaps
« Reply #1 on: 28 July 2017, 07:57 »
Hi everyone!!

Justvtaken delivery of a pre-registered 2017 mk7.5 GTD and I asked about mud flaps being added on! Told it's not Possible despite being options on the VWUK website new car configuratior?!?!

Anybody any thoughts/ideas/experience of this?!?!

Thanks

No thats not true!. I got mine at the dealer efter delivery  :smiley:

My Youtube Channel ** MK8 R and MK7.5 GTI PP**
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOQb17Kro9L-iuT91cKxsjA
And My INSTAGRAM FaceliftGT
https://www.instagram.com/p/CHKNpaNHog_/

Offline itavaltalainen

• I live here
  • VCDS and VCP - fault codes, coding, VIM activation
« Reply #2 on: 28 July 2017, 08:53 »
Fitted my GTD with them - pre-facelift.
I'd go and source them on eBay from a mains dealer advertising on there. Usually up to 50% cheaper than if you ask at dealer.
Fit yourself in 1 hour.... including lifting car and removing / refitting wheels.
2019 Seat Leon ST FR DSG 135kW - eclipse orange - 23k miles

Offline Wide

• I live here
« Reply #3 on: 28 July 2017, 09:27 »
Fitted my GTD with them - pre-facelift.
I'd go and source them on eBay from a mains dealer advertising on there. Usually up to 50% cheaper than if you ask at dealer.
Fit yourself in 1 hour.... including lifting car and removing / refitting wheels.

I got them for free, i sad i must had muddflaps to when i had paid the car  :grin:
My Youtube Channel ** MK8 R and MK7.5 GTI PP**
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOQb17Kro9L-iuT91cKxsjA
And My INSTAGRAM FaceliftGT
https://www.instagram.com/p/CHKNpaNHog_/

Offline linc-dub

• Here all the time
« Reply #4 on: 28 July 2017, 09:38 »
Just checking - is that Mudflaps front and rear?  I won't be collecting mine without them being fitted all round!
Picked up 02.09.17 Mk7.5 GTD Isaac Blue, Manual 5 Drs, DCC, Reversing Camera, Keyless, 90% tints, Heated front screen, Mudflaps all round

Sep 2015 65 plate Mk7 GTD Carbon Grey, Manual, 5 Drs, DCC, Reversing Camera, Sat Nav, Keyless, Sport & Sound, Mudflaps all round

2013 63 plate Mk7 GTD, Manual, 5 doors, Carbon Grey Metalic, ACC, Reversing Camera, Mudflaps front & rear - Took delivery October 2013

Offline Fewie

• Not said much yet
« Reply #5 on: 28 July 2017, 09:41 »
Are the mud flaps the same for pre & post facelift? Does anyone have the part numbers? I'll be buying and fitting them myself asap.

Does anyone know the "dealer fitted" price?
MK7.5 Golf GTI in Isaac Blue with Performance Pack, 19" Brescia's, Dynaudio, Reversing Camera & Climate Screen, ordered 16/05/17.  Counting down the days to collection on September 2nd

Offline Bengunn

• Not said much yet
« Reply #6 on: 28 July 2017, 09:43 »
Ordered my GTI on Monday and was specifically asked by my dealer if I wanted mud flaps.
I had not included them and the salesman was going through options I may have missed.

Offline msrowell

• Not said much yet
« Reply #7 on: 28 July 2017, 10:23 »
Just got my facelift GTI and went to fit mudflaps purchased online from a VW dealer. They were specifically for the GTI but the rears didn't fit! There is a cutaway in the flap to fit over the black edging on the bumper which was way too small. Careful cutting with a scalpel (I had to cut quite a lot of material out) got them to fit perfectly. 20 minutes to do the job.

Offline SRGTD

• I live here
« Reply #8 on: 28 July 2017, 10:44 »
Just responded to the same question posted by the OP in the 'general' section of the forum. Fronts yes, rears; doesn't appear so.

http://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=280899.0

Includes a link to VW's used car section of the website that shows a mk7.5 GTD with front mud flaps but no rears.
2020 Polo GTI Plus; Pure White, DSG (because they all are)
Gone but not forgotten;
2016 Polo GTI; Blue Silk
2011 mk6 Golf GTD; Carbon Grey
2007 mk5 Golf GT (2.0 170bhp TDI version); Deep Black Pearl
2002  mk4 Golf GTI (the 150 bhp diesel version); Deep Black Pearl

Offline davyk31

• I live here
« Reply #9 on: 28 July 2017, 10:47 »
Interested in this as I have flaps on my Mk7 GTD and getting a facelift GTi soon. Wondering would my current front flaps fit the new car, don't think the rears will do as the gtd doesn't have the GTi rear valance.
Mk 7.5 GTi Indium Grey with 19" Brescias