Author Topic: New Clubsport detailed  (Read 11853 times)

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
Re: New Clubsport detailed
« Reply #10 on: 07 July 2017, 21:19 »
@ Booth11 - that is the challenge keeping on top of it but I've been slowly collecting a few products recommended on here and today had a couple of buckets/guards & some VP bilberry cleaner delivered from CYC. I was going to order a foam lance I saw on one of your reviews (think it was an AB red nozzle?) but then remembered I got one some months ago from CYC made by company in Italy called PA......I have now found it after it went walkabout during recent house move!  :laugh:...I'll see how I get on with it   

The CYC PA lance is the one I used for last 5 years (recently bought a second one) and is the same make as the Autobrite one (also made by PA).  It's a great lance.  Remember to only use the Bilberry at fairly dilute ratios 1:10 or 1:8 otherwise at stronger ratios it will degrade the Gtechniq (C5?) on your wheels much more quickly. You want it to just help lift the dirt. Enjoy using your new detailing stuff.

Thanks for that advice Rebecca, much appreciated, I think its C5 on the wheels....am I right in thinking you apply just with a normal hand held spray bottle and let it dwell as you would the snow foam?

Yes, that's right. Make up a bottle's worth, diluted to desired ratio in a decent spray bottle (it keeps) and then I find that spraying it onto dry wheels before anything else, then leave on to dwell whilst you snow foam the car, then pressure wash rinse the whole lot off after the snow foam's done its thing (rinse whelks first). You may find that you don't need it, as many uses of C5 and other similar coatings, find that a pre-wheel cleaner isn't required. Maybe try one wash with (when wheels are pretty dirty) and another wash without it (again on dirty wheels). 
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

https://www.flickr.com/photos/booth11

Offline Mikea

• Not said much yet
« Reply #11 on: 07 July 2017, 21:49 »
Had my Clubsport in for the same ppf, admittedly a bit later in its life as it has 6000miles on it now.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BWDdxFsAqhd/?taken-by=reepscotland 

With the 10year guarantee it's a bit of a no brainier, once you get your head round the price.
Sold 2021 : 2016 5dr GTi Clubsport Edition 40 DSG - No. 403
Tornado Red, Dynamic Chassis Control, Rear View Camera and 19" Brescia Alloys

Up! Gti Red 5 door, park and cruise, city emergency pack, climate control and 5 year warranty

Offline SRGTD

• I live here
« Reply #12 on: 07 July 2017, 22:14 »
Had my Clubsport in for the same ppf, admittedly a bit later in its life as it has 6000miles on it now.

With the 10year guarantee it's a bit of a no brainier, once you get your head round the price.

Looks great Mike! :cool:
2020 Polo GTI Plus; Pure White, DSG (because they all are)
Gone but not forgotten;
2016 Polo GTI; Blue Silk
2011 mk6 Golf GTD; Carbon Grey
2007 mk5 Golf GT (2.0 170bhp TDI version); Deep Black Pearl
2002  mk4 Golf GTI (the 150 bhp diesel version); Deep Black Pearl

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #13 on: 07 July 2017, 22:19 »

Looks stunning.   But did you have PPF (paint protection film) or a nano/ceramic coating, e,g Gtechniq CS etc?
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

https://www.flickr.com/photos/booth11

Offline Mikea

• Not said much yet
« Reply #14 on: 08 July 2017, 07:40 »
Hi

It has the Llumar PPF full front package (bumper, bonnet, wings, sills and mirrors plus a dog strip on the rear bumper) and has Gtechniq crystal serum light and exo3  on the rest of the car.
Sold 2021 : 2016 5dr GTi Clubsport Edition 40 DSG - No. 403
Tornado Red, Dynamic Chassis Control, Rear View Camera and 19" Brescia Alloys

Up! Gti Red 5 door, park and cruise, city emergency pack, climate control and 5 year warranty

Offline gtiaps

• I live here
« Reply #15 on: 08 July 2017, 08:15 »
deltarikk, that looks superb, really very smart indeed particularly the black Pretorias which show off the red calipers a treat :smiley: I'm in my first GTI too, my first more sportyish car since a Lotus many years ago (which rarely worked that well and bits kept coming off but it went round corners a treat) and I'm loving it! Good to hear you are giving yours plenty of exercise! Keep the pictures coming...

No problem about the postimage.org every little helps...
Car looks stunning having a Carbor Grey Gti I may be bias but still looks very well..  :whistle:
2010 Candy White Scirocco 2.0 TDI
2016 Carbon Grey Gti 2.0 Fully Loaded

COLLECTED 29/4/2016 and well pleased with the GTI😆😆

Offline deltarikk

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #16 on: 08 July 2017, 14:24 »

Looks great Mike, very similar protection you've had done to mine, you're right it was justifying the spend but as you say with the warranty and if you love your car then worthwhile  :cool: ......also had Reep do the work

Offline Wo-Wo

• Forum Supporter
  • I live here
  • www.wo-wo.co.uk
« Reply #17 on: 10 July 2017, 08:07 »
Looks stunning!!

Offline deltarikk

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #18 on: 10 July 2017, 10:06 »
Cheers Neil, I used the wash & wheel wash mitts also wheel drying towel I got from you few weeks ago for first time at weekend, really pleased with them  :cool:

Offline deltarikk

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #19 on: 16 July 2017, 12:30 »
I've posted on wrong thread...oops!!  :whistle:
« Last Edit: 16 July 2017, 18:12 by deltarikk »