Author Topic: Travel Cleaning Kit  (Read 4349 times)

Offline deltarikk

• GTI forum regular
Travel Cleaning Kit
« on: 24 June 2017, 20:58 »
Ok just wondering what you might consider taking with you if going away for a while in the car or do you have a few essentials always on hand? Heading up to one of our favourite spots west coast of Scotland next week and no doubt plenty of mozzies will be splattered along the way (hopefully nothing larger) .....I can just about get away with hiding wheel/window cleaner and a few mf cloths and drying towel in the boot before my other half sees  :laugh:......I'm presuming this is a normal thing to do  :whistle:

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
Re: Travel Cleaning Kit
« Reply #1 on: 24 June 2017, 21:13 »
I'd take a small kit including plenty of microfibres, bottles of quick detailer and glass cleaner, glass cloth, packet of baby wipes, bottle of water.  Unless you are planning to actually wash it during the trip, that should cover most eventualities.  If it gets filthy you can always just use the local garage jetwash to hose off the worst.  The rest can really wait till you have returned and gave it a proper wash.  If you have a cool bag, pack it in that then just tell your other half it's a cool bag, a necessity.  :wink:

Have a great trip.
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

https://www.flickr.com/photos/booth11

Offline deltarikk

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #2 on: 24 June 2017, 21:23 »
Bottle of water & wipes are good idea, thanks Rebecca, I got the OD glass & wheel cleaner you did a review on and some cloths off WoWo so they'll be in the "cool" bag   :smiley:

Offline dubber36

• Forum addict
« Reply #3 on: 26 June 2017, 15:40 »
If I can't wash my cars properly, they just have to stay dirty. I'd rather leave a mark on it than try to clean it off with unsuitable products/methods and risk inflicting damage.
Red Mk6 gone replaced with a white Mk7 which has gone too. Green Mk2 here to stay.

Offline deltarikk

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #4 on: 29 June 2017, 13:47 »
That's a very good point, not had any need to clean it whilst up here due to the natural vehicle washes its had! :laugh:

Offline mwad gti

• Here all the time
« Reply #5 on: 29 June 2017, 19:58 »
If I can't wash my cars properly, they just have to stay dirty. I'd rather leave a mark on it than try to clean it off with unsuitable products/methods and risk inflicting damage.
Same here
Candy White 3 dr Manual 2012 GTi. Bought new.
DAB, Dynaudio, Kenwood Head Unit Upgrade, Private Plate,
Full Leather and Heated Seats
18" Shadow Monzas, luxury pack.
Colour coded side skirts and gloss black diffuser.

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #6 on: 29 June 2017, 20:59 »
Same here

I think it's a given that most in this section feel the same but always useful to have a few bits in the car for bird poo emergencies and the like.
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

https://www.flickr.com/photos/booth11

Offline SRGTD

• I live here
« Reply #7 on: 29 June 2017, 23:05 »
Same here

I think it's a given that most in this section feel the same but always useful to have a few bits in the car for bird poo emergencies and the like.

I carry QD and a couple of clean microfibres to deal with bird poo removal. The rest of the car doesn't get cleaned unless I can clean it properly.
2020 Polo GTI Plus; Pure White, DSG (because they all are)
Gone but not forgotten;
2016 Polo GTI; Blue Silk
2011 mk6 Golf GTD; Carbon Grey
2007 mk5 Golf GT (2.0 170bhp TDI version); Deep Black Pearl
2002  mk4 Golf GTI (the 150 bhp diesel version); Deep Black Pearl

Offline Watts

• Forum addict
« Reply #8 on: 29 June 2017, 23:19 »
I wouldn't normally carry anything, holidays are for walking, beer and salty snacks, not car washing :whistle: Bird poo just soaked off with wet kitchen roll. On my last trip though I did take some AG Fastglass and a microfibre just as I do attach some importance to being able to see out properly, although on the morning of the return journey it was peeing down so they didn't get used anyway...
2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.

Was - 2015 Tornado Red 3dr GTI PP, manual, Santiagos, Audi short shifter.