Author Topic: Clubsport Edition 40 and Clubsport S build numbers (and car photos)  (Read 142069 times)

Offline st33ly

• Not said much yet
Re: Clubsport Edition 40 and Clubsport S build numbers (and car photos)
« Reply #280 on: 29 September 2017, 04:12 »
It was on autotrader before their site mate. I was dealing with an older lady. Think it was Kelly. The video she sent me was laughable. She obviously had no idea what it was.  I spoke to her on the Friday around 1600hrs and she pestered me all weekend. And by the Tuesday mid afternoon the sales manager emailed me saying it was sold. I was offered it for £35k no tax fuel, rubber mats or nothing which tbh really put me off.  I was traveling from Edinburgh and not even a tank of fuel. Told me it was the dealer directors car. The sales manager was pushing for me to take PCP and initially said I’ll get two free services. So I was going to do that then clear the finance the next again weak. He then pulled the free services saying he made a mistake as the car was costing them. The total worked out at £44k. The whole thing just put me off. I apretiate it’s just a golf but it a special car so at least deserves some form of decent customer service.

Offline mkviken

• I live here
« Reply #281 on: 29 September 2017, 08:40 »
I paid 35 and he wouldn’t give me any bits. Asked for t shirt for the kids and wouldn’t give me anything.

35 is a good price for delivery miles car everyone I phoned couldn’t get near that.

I nearly bought a black one with 800 miles for 35 but that had 3 owners before me in less than a year

There is a black one for sale with very low miles privately and I know a lad who nearly bought it to sell on but there wasn’t enough margin for him. I know roughly what he will take for it and it’s a good buy.
« Last Edit: 29 September 2017, 09:03 by mkviken »
Golf GTI Clubsport S #237 Tornado red
Golf GTI 7.5 230 white silver

Offline st33ly

• Not said much yet
« Reply #282 on: 29 September 2017, 15:45 »
If you could let me know mate that would be great. 07834154523. Really after white or red but would happily take it if the price is right. Some people are dreaming. I see the red delivery miles one on eBay is at £36200. Doubt he'll sell it at that. Got offered an as new black one. 41miles for £33500 but could not get down in time. Where did you buy your Xepel paint protection film from? For it yourself? I'm good at that stuff. Just takes loads of lube, time and patience.

Offline mkviken

• I live here
« Reply #283 on: 29 September 2017, 17:16 »
I got the xpel from herts xpel

They were spot on

Was £500 for the full front end kit including roof

I made an arse of one of the black front grilled and they sent me a couple of spares which was great of them

It’s harder to work with than 3m as it isn’t as sticky but is much thinner so does curved areas better

The Finnish is years ahead of 3m it really looks good

All the little bubbles have evaporated it’s barely visable

Offline SPIKE_CS

• Not said much yet
« Reply #284 on: 29 September 2017, 19:16 »

Stunning car....looks great in red. Enjoy it  :smiley:
« Last Edit: 29 September 2017, 19:27 by SPIKE_CS »
GTI TCR - Pure White & Nice Spec!

Offline mkviken

• I live here
Got under it to put a bit ACF50 on and wax the bits of the wheels and calipers I couldn’t access

Xpel has settled and Looks great. No bubbles so as a DIY install really pleased

Offline mkviken

• I live here
Considering selling the CSS. Seen a few other toys I would use a lot more. Love the car but it’s not going to be used much it’s an expensive ornament really... :undecided:

Offline clubsport

• I live here
Considering selling the CSS. Seen a few other toys I would use a lot more. Love the car but it’s not going to be used much it’s an expensive ornament really... :undecided:

Wow! I didn't see that coming.

What are you considering replacing it with?

Offline mkviken

• I live here
A few more bikes probably. It’s a great car but not being used

Offline fredgroves

• Serious forum addict
  • Professional Um Bongo drinker
Current: Mk8 GTI DSG, Adelaides, DCC, HUD, HK, Winter Pack, Rear Camera.. Aka "HMS Weasel"

Gone: 2017 Mk7.5 GTD,manual, NavPro
Gone: 2014 Mk7 GTD, manual, NavPro, DCC