Author Topic: GTechniq C2V3 on glass?  (Read 3345 times)

Offline davewilliams000

• GTI forum regular
GTechniq C2V3 on glass?
« on: 30 August 2016, 09:41 »
I've read on a few places (including the c2 product page on the gtechniq site) that this can be used on glass so the rain beads off... anybody tried it on the windscreen?

I know they do rain repellent coatings but figured I already have some c2 so was thinking of trying it.
2015 65 plate Mk7 GTD Manual in Tornado Red

https://www.flickr.com/photos/davewilliams000

Offline brettblade

• Here all the time
Re: GTechniq C2V3 on glass?
« Reply #1 on: 30 August 2016, 10:07 »
Don't see why it would be an issue, but I'd probably test on the rear screen first just to check it doesn't cause wiper judder.
Orded 04/06/2016
Build W/C 01/08/2016
Handover 01/09/2016
GTI PP, CSG, Tech pack, parking pack, 90% tints, DCC, 19" Santiago alloys
Soon to be gone!

7.5R Indium Grey, 19” Spielbergs expected 01/03/2019.

Offline Watts

• Forum addict
« Reply #2 on: 30 August 2016, 12:31 »
I've put it on all but the windscreen, no judder from the rear wiper so next clean (today if I can be bothered, just come off nights this morning so tired and grumpy) I will do the windscreen too with confidence. Booth said it'd be okay so good enough for me :smiley:
2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.

Was - 2015 Tornado Red 3dr GTI PP, manual, Santiagos, Audi short shifter.

Offline davewilliams000

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #3 on: 30 August 2016, 14:27 »
I've put it on all but the windscreen, no judder from the rear wiper so next clean (today if I can be bothered, just come off nights this morning so tired and grumpy) I will do the windscreen too with confidence. Booth said it'd be okay so good enough for me :smiley:

If Booth says its ok then it definitely will be.  :grin:

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #4 on: 30 August 2016, 23:40 »
I use C2v3 on my windscreen and other glass and it's very good on glass (not a fan of it much on paintwork).  I've kept my windscreen free from anything fir last few years after a previous judder issue (previous car), but decided to take a risk with the C2.  Absolutely no judder at all with my aerotwins.  Highly recommend C2 on windscreen, just make sure glass is perfectly clean first before applying.  :smiley:
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

https://www.flickr.com/photos/booth11

Offline davewilliams000

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #5 on: 31 August 2016, 09:37 »
Sounds good to me. I use AG fast glass at the moment with a wo-wo cloth so will make suge it's clean before applying of course. Am currently waiting on some new wiper blades coming (aerotwin) that I ordered last week and haven't turned up yet so I'll need to chase them up as even 2nd class post should have turned up (at argos - click and collect from ebay) by now!

I think using gtechniq glass nano polish would probably be overkill in this case for just c2 but they do recommend it for applying their other glass rain repellent coatings.

Going to order some perfect glass cleaner on my upcoming CYC order as I can't see anywhere else that does it at a decent price, factoring in the delivery cost as well it's not worth ordering on it's own.

Offline davewilliams000

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #6 on: 09 September 2016, 16:16 »
Just an update in case anyone finds this thread in future... I applied it to all exterior glass today (after washing and then cleaning with AG fast glass). I also fitted my new wiper blades that turned up today as well (Bosch Aerotwin).

It rained shortly afterwards when I was driving and was impressed with the beading on the windscreen - it seems so much clearer to see out of.

Offline Watts

• Forum addict
« Reply #7 on: 16 September 2016, 19:43 »
It rained shortly afterwards when I was driving and was impressed with the beading on the windscreen - it seems so much clearer to see out of.

Peed down today, first time since I treated my windows to C2v3 and I too enjoyed the beading. There were some big drops running around my side windows which was a bit mesmerising, fun, but not a good idea whilst driving!
2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.

Was - 2015 Tornado Red 3dr GTI PP, manual, Santiagos, Audi short shifter.