Author Topic: What detailing have you done today?  (Read 529818 times)

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
Re: What detailing have you done today?
« Reply #1270 on: 21 July 2017, 12:58 »
Gave it a pre Gatwick airport carpark wash.  It will get filthy sitting there for 2 weeks but at least it won’t be filth upon filth!

Lovely as ever :smiley: I'm surprised you are not leaving it at the airport tucked up inside your detailing marquee! :laugh: Enjoy your holiday!

Haha, don't give me ideas. :laugh:  Someone else gave me the idea of a detailing marquee once and look how that ended.  :grin:
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

https://www.flickr.com/photos/booth11

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #1271 on: 12 August 2017, 14:52 »
Gave the interior a really good clean today as it’s been a while and was in dire need!

The stuff:

In progress:

[/url]

Finished:

Really love the vent woolie which is pretty versatile and gets right into the deep aircon vents and other hard to reach areas.

Feels much better now.
« Last Edit: 12 August 2017, 15:30 by Booth11 »
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

Offline deltarikk

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #1272 on: 12 August 2017, 17:09 »
Looks good Rebecca, your car certainly does get used!!   :laugh: .....I tried some Koch Chemie Multi Interior cleaner today on carpet & mats and have to say I like it, did a good job and smells nice which is always a benefit, can I ask where you get the vent woolly from?

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #1273 on: 12 August 2017, 17:30 »
Looks good Rebecca, your car certainly does get used!!   :laugh: .....I tried some Koch Chemie Multi Interior cleaner today on carpet & mats and have to say I like it, did a good job and smells nice which is always a benefit, can I ask where you get the vent woolly from?

It's used every day.  :smiley:  The Koch stuff sounds good.

Got the vent woolie from here http://www.theultimatefinish.co.uk/wheel-woolies/wheel-woolie-vent-brush.aspx
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

Offline deltarikk

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #1274 on: 12 August 2017, 18:25 »
Great thx  :wink:

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #1275 on: 13 August 2017, 14:09 »
Following from yesterdays interior brush up......

Gave it a much needed wash after over 3 weeks without and being stuck at airport for 2 weeks then a week on the road.  Tried out a couple of new WoWo products which I’ll post up a proper review on in the coming days (if anyone’s interested) and after I’ve used them a second time.

The process was as usual with the couple of new bits tried and gave the car a full going over with some QD:

WoWo Wheel Cleaner – first use of this new product
ValetPro Advanced Neutral Snow Foam
ValetPro Citrus Prewash
Wheel wash and 2 bucket body wash – first use of WoWo High Foaming Shampoo
Rinse and dry
Obsessive Detail Clarity Glass Cleaner to all glass
Swissvax Lotospeed QD to all paint (and most glass)
Mothers Mag & Aluminium metal polish
Achem Longlife Tyre Dressing

« Last Edit: 13 August 2017, 14:33 by Booth11 »
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

Offline seabrook132

• I live here
« Reply #1276 on: 13 August 2017, 14:12 »
Putting me to shame Bec, mine hasn't been washed in about 2 months!!! Been too crazy with my time being taking up with all things wedding and house!

Planning to rectify the situation soon, in fact today I just placed an order for my first ever pressure washer  :laugh:

2011 GTI DSG 5dr, Tornado Red, 18" Monza Shadows, Heated Leather, RNS-510, MDI, Bilstein B16 PSS10 Coilovers, Ohlins DCC Cancellation Kit, Audi TT-RS Front Top Mounts, Whiteline 24mm Rear ARB, Michelin Pilot Sport 4, 034 Motorsports Street Density Engine and Gearbox Mounts, Audi R8 Red Coil Packs, NGK BKR7EIX, Millers 5W-40 Nanodrive

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #1277 on: 13 August 2017, 14:25 »
Putting me to shame Bec, mine hasn't been washed in about 2 months!!! Been too crazy with my time being taking up with all things wedding and house!

Planning to rectify the situation soon, in fact today I just placed an order for my first ever pressure washer  :laugh:

Hey Dan, how's you?  Don't feel too bad, wedding and house more important than car washing, that can come when the everything else is in place. 

I never knew you didn't have a pressure washer!  Which puts your usual results into greater admiration category as it's tough work without a PW.

Hope once the wedding and house stuff allow, you can give the mk6 some tlc and treat us to some pics.  :smiley:
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

Offline seabrook132

• I live here
« Reply #1278 on: 13 August 2017, 15:26 »

Hey Dan, how's you?  Don't feel too bad, wedding and house more important than car washing, that can come when the everything else is in place. 

I never knew you didn't have a pressure washer!  Which puts your usual results into greater admiration category as it's tough work without a PW.

Hope once the wedding and house stuff allow, you can give the mk6 some tlc and treat us to some pics.  :smiley:

I'm great Bec, cheers for asking. How are you? Well wedding is over and done now but honeymoon planning and writing thank you cards etc are still ongoing. There's always a list of house stuff to do so just need to set aside some time for the car, hoping next weekend will be nice as the pressure washer should be here by then. Went for a Nilfisk C130.1.6. Yeah I've never owned one before! Used to foam with a Mesto pump action foam sprayer but the resulting foam was never really worth the effort of manually pressurising it every 20 seconds! Now we have our own place with an outside tap it is definitely the right time to invest in one.

I'm thinking Autobrite HD Foam Lance, any experience with one or recommendations for others?

Incredible pics of your pride and joy as always. Can't wait to see mine shine again. I really do need to treat it and I shall of course share the results her  :wink:

2011 GTI DSG 5dr, Tornado Red, 18" Monza Shadows, Heated Leather, RNS-510, MDI, Bilstein B16 PSS10 Coilovers, Ohlins DCC Cancellation Kit, Audi TT-RS Front Top Mounts, Whiteline 24mm Rear ARB, Michelin Pilot Sport 4, 034 Motorsports Street Density Engine and Gearbox Mounts, Audi R8 Red Coil Packs, NGK BKR7EIX, Millers 5W-40 Nanodrive

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #1279 on: 13 August 2017, 15:53 »

I'm great Bec, cheers for asking. How are you? Well wedding is over and done now but honeymoon planning and writing thank you cards etc are still ongoing. There's always a list of house stuff to do so just need to set aside some time for the car, hoping next weekend will be nice as the pressure washer should be here by then. Went for a Nilfisk C130.1.6. Yeah I've never owned one before! Used to foam with a Mesto pump action foam sprayer but the resulting foam was never really worth the effort of manually pressurising it every 20 seconds! Now we have our own place with an outside tap it is definitely the right time to invest in one.

I'm thinking Autobrite HD Foam Lance, any experience with one or recommendations for others?

Incredible pics of your pride and joy as always. Can't wait to see mine shine again. I really do need to treat it and I shall of course share the results her  :wink:

Well Congratulations on the nuptials Dan.  :smiley:  Hope it was a wedding to remember (for the right reasons, lol).

And thanks for the kind words about my car, I just keep doing it week in week out, it's a bit like an extension of breathing.  :laugh:

The AB lance is great.  It's the same (albeit with different shaped bottle and different colour plastics) as the CYC PA lance.  Both are made by PA and italian company and IMO are the very best lances you can buy and if looked after will last you years and years.  The only other difference between the two is the CYC PA bases are set to spray up/down, whilst the Autobrite ones are set to spray side to side - down make any difference to the results.  I have 2 lances, one of each of these and they are equal, but I think the AB is cheaper as it's often on offer so that would be a no-brainer.

Here's how they differ:

The black one is the CYC one and the red to AB one.

http://www.cleanyourcar.co.uk/washing-and-drying/foam-pre-wash/snow-foam-lance-various-fittings/prod_371.html

http://www.autobritedirect.co.uk/index.php/autobrite-heavy-duty-foam-snow-foam-lance-magifoam-500ml.html
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual