Author Topic: Thai's mk3 ...actually no it's a mk4 TDI wagon now - page 7 problems!!  (Read 21486 times)

Offline thai-wronghorse

• Serious forum addict
  • mk1 Seat Leon FR TDI
Re: Like a bad smell...a new wagon to the collection.
« Reply #20 on: 04 December 2013, 00:03 »
Pure function over form at the moment, but yes much will change after Christmas.

Offline murraymint

• I live here
« Reply #21 on: 04 December 2013, 19:54 »
Looks a lot better the. When you first got it! Nice work, I used to have a set of those wheels on my first mk3.

I plan to make a reapperence in the mk3 section next year  :whistle:
josh

95 Mk3 golf 1.6 CL, 96 Mk3 golf gti 16v, 89 Mk2 Jetta GL97 Mk3 golf gti 16v, 99 bora 2ltr se, 83 mk1 golf 1.1, 15 polo 1.2 tsi

Offline Screech16v

• I live here
  • MK3 20vt AGU
« Reply #22 on: 04 December 2013, 20:39 »
Looks really smart tbh not ugly at all

Offline thai-wronghorse

• Serious forum addict
  • mk1 Seat Leon FR TDI
« Reply #23 on: 04 December 2013, 20:59 »
The 4x4 ground clearance is one of its biggest aesthetic spoilers I think and I have contemplated chopping the springs slightly but ive got to admit its great being able to hit speed humps without lifting off the accelerator and worrying about something breaking.
Suspension will be addressed in due course.

Offline xionsolaris

• Here all the time
« Reply #24 on: 04 December 2013, 21:11 »
Yeh ive still got stock suspension a cat could sleep on top of my wheel its tht high up

Offline thai-wronghorse

• Serious forum addict
  • mk1 Seat Leon FR TDI
« Reply #25 on: 10 December 2013, 23:54 »
Heard an extra clatter momentarily today on pulling up at work, turns out the backbox had fallen off. :laugh:
The thing is other than that single noise which made me peer underneath the car you never know it wasn't attached, engine and exhaust note are completely unchanged which just goes to show how pointless it actually is.
I can see a homebrewed straight through pipe materialising here. :evil:

Offline leigh_harty

• I live here
  • Audi AGU
« Reply #26 on: 11 December 2013, 14:22 »
That's one ugly but clean motor!
I hope you have some serious plans to pimp that up, it needs a lot of help!
Dont lose your dinosaur!

Offline thai-wronghorse

• Serious forum addict
  • mk1 Seat Leon FR TDI
« Reply #27 on: 05 March 2014, 23:50 »
Can someone move this to 'Dubrides' please then il start throwing some updates onto it rather than starting another thread repeating myself.

Offline thai-wronghorse

• Serious forum addict
  • mk1 Seat Leon FR TDI
Re: Thai's mk3 family tractor
« Reply #28 on: 19 March 2014, 20:30 »
Now this thread is in a more fitting location il continue...

Most of my spare time over the past couple of months have been consumed with stripping and selling parts from the valver but I've managed to fit a few odd bits and pieces and stockpiled a hell of a lot more for when i get the opportunity arises to get stuck into the wagon. Fingers crossed should be soonish as the weather has improved and I've got a little bit of spending money accrued from breaking the last car.  :smiley:

I've fitted the leather VR6 Highline interior which involved the swapping of all the rear tinware to suit the estate due to having the locking pins in slightly different location to hatchbacks.
The front heated seats have been wired in and working lovely, I've not yet bothered with door cards as im waiting to pick up a load of sound deadening and proofing for the doors and didn't want to have to pull them all back again.

Some of the other stuff I've fitted or accumulated from my last couple of mk3's...

Cruise control stalk (fully working)
Red / black/ red rear light clusters
Clear side repeaters
Black VW grille badge
Genuine VW tinted Anniversary foglights, indicators and blanking covers
Aero front wipers
headlight leveling system.
Hofele lower bumper vents
Lupo steering wheel
mk4 Golf gearknob and new leather gaitor
B&M short shifter gearstick
US spec rear center console with pop out cup holder, boot release button.
mk3.5 handbrake lever with chrome button.
mk3.5 centre console rubber mat
US spec rubber door pocket liners cut to fit inside my Highline door cards.
mk4 Golf puddle lights
US spec central locking switch in dash (plug and wiring pigtail in post)
Lower glovebox to suit air-con gubbins.
mk4 Golf centre sun visor
Both main sunvisors changed for ones with illuminated vanity mirrors with oem loom
Custom fit floor mats all round
Chrome interior door handles
Pressed plates
Blaupunkt DAB35 headunit & 4xJBL component speakers (JBL tweeters bonded into old dash tweeter baskets)
Blaupunkt DAB / FM amplified aerial base with stubby Polo mast (to be fitted this week hopefully)
Crappy old wing aerial is to be removed soon and temporally filled with an oem grommet
Boot struts under the bonnet

Not much else has happened under the bonnet yet but I had my chips installed last week which gave a healthy rise from 90bhp to 120bhp.
I've already blanked the EGR valve but this will be completely removed once i get time to fit the PD150 intake manifold and EGR delete pipe I've already bought.
Also waiting to go in are a set of AFN 110 injectors which i wouldn't mind getting serviced before they go anywhere near my car really.

A major engine service is imminent including a new thermostat as the temperature gauge only ever reaches 80ish degrees if sitting in heavy traffic for ages and I think it's having an effect on the MPG.
I've already changed the temp sensor to no affect and the N75 valve was replaced as it was getting flipping noisy.

I'm currently driving it with half the exhaust missing but you'd never know it and it didn't seem to bother the MOT tester last month either....well apart having an absolute nightmare shoving the emissions probe in!
When i can arsed il get the local backstreet exhaust guys to knock me something up and bash the guts out of the cat whilst they're at it.

« Last Edit: 20 March 2014, 09:11 by thai-wronghorse »

Offline thai-wronghorse

• Serious forum addict
  • mk1 Seat Leon FR TDI
Re: Thai's mk3 family tractor.
« Reply #29 on: 19 March 2014, 22:35 »
Last week I had my old BBS RX 16'' rims refurbished in dark anthracite. These will be going on once I've get round to doing the 5 stud conversion. All parts for this were removed from my 16v are currently awaiting cleaning, stripping down and painting before it's carried out though.

« Last Edit: 20 March 2014, 09:12 by thai-wronghorse »