Author Topic: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?  (Read 2740284 times)

Offline Vwjap

• I live here
Re: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?
« Reply #7060 on: 15 August 2017, 22:32 »
Coded needle sweep to the AID also changed the colour to golden then changed it back and changed all the different dials and changed it back lol

Offline andy28

• Here all the time
« Reply #7061 on: 16 August 2017, 08:41 »
This is the first AID mod that I'm aware of... how exciting! What equipment did you use to do this Vwjap? Thanks, Andy
GTI Clubsport Edition 40
#301 and then #190

Offline andy28

• Here all the time
« Reply #7062 on: 16 August 2017, 09:11 »
Sorry Vwjap, just seen your posts on the obdeleven forum... definitely going to have a play!
GTI Clubsport Edition 40
#301 and then #190

Offline Vwjap

• I live here
« Reply #7063 on: 16 August 2017, 14:19 »
I used obdeleven, only problem I have is I can't get in to the information module ☹️

Offline Moro

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #7064 on: 17 August 2017, 13:30 »
New tyres on the front. Original Conti Sport2s lasted 14k miles, now replaced by Conti Sport5s.

Even after 40 years of driving I am always surprised just how much quieter new tyres are.

Rear tyres replaced already due to punctures so lots of tread on them, therefore put new tyres on front.
GTi Reflex Silver 5 door DSG: Sat Nav Pro; Dynaudio; Panoramic Roof; ACC; Keyless; Winter Pack; Reversing Camera

Offline wigit

• I live here
« Reply #7065 on: 18 August 2017, 21:50 »
Picked it up the R Wagen  from the detailers who have had it for a couple of days, never had it detailed as the rental but after 13 months and 21K needed some TLC, looks amazing and has a shine it never had and the white has faired so much better than the lapiz

Detailer does all our cars and said that it wasn't tar that was the cause of most of the black sports, it was rubber and brake dust, must be more restrained

Just given it the once over and fitted the GB plates for its trip to the Loire next weekend, seems to use 0.5l of oil every 7K

Offline Finglonga

• I live here
« Reply #7066 on: 19 August 2017, 12:36 »

Hmmm, been toying about getting one of these....

How was the fitment and any chance of some exterior pics?  Any chance of a mini-review?

Sorry for the delay, had to wait for the rain to stop.....Oh and sorry for the crap picture but then again it is hard to see from the front.

Really pleased with it, just a fit and forget camera that is watching the road all the time. If the camera senses a collision it will save to the Micro SD card and built in internal memory on the camera so if the card gets damages you sill have footage.

Fitting was easy-ish once you get it in the correct position, it uses a large 3M pad that you use an App on your smart phone to line it up using a live view from the camera. All the set up is also done using the App. Just needs firmware updating and the newest camera data base putting on the MicroSD card ond you are good to go.

The lane departure and front vehicle departure warnings were turned off but the speed camera and red light warnings are active and so far have been very accurate. Plus point is it is a voice telling you and not a continuous annoying beep going off every few seconds.

If you hard wire the camera you have the option of Parking mode. It has two settings (in addition to it recording if it senses a bump) , motion sensing and time lapse (1picture every second) and I use the latter as it is supposed to save space on the card. No worries about flattening the battery either as you can set the camera to turn off after 12/24/48 hours or if it senses the voltage drops below a certain voltage.

In addition I noticed the F770 doesn't get as hot as the Garmin did when in use. Overall chuffed to bits with it and the wife is looking at them now....

Offline dave7268

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #7067 on: 19 August 2017, 15:53 »
Nice one Finlonga - thanks for the pic and mini review, really helpful.

Think I am sold on getting one of these.  :wink:

Just one thing  - do you get any glare/reflections from the dash in your vids? If so can a polariser filter be fitted to it as it doesn't seem to say anything in the product descriptions I find on the net?

Oh, which way did you run your cables?

Cheers  :smiley:
7GTI PP DSG - no longer

Offline kalimon

• I live here
  • My other car's a van
« Reply #7068 on: 19 August 2017, 16:17 »
Washed it for the first time in a month
I love C2v3 !!

[url=https://flic.kr/p/XHXxTe]

« Last Edit: 21 August 2017, 15:45 by kalimon »
5 DR Mk 7 GTI PP
Carbon Grey, Dynaudio, Car Net App, High Beam Assist, Rear View Camera. Collected 14/03/16

Offline Watts

• Forum addict
« Reply #7069 on: 19 August 2017, 17:00 »
Washed it for the first time in a month
I love C2v3 !!

Cracking job Kalimon :smiley: I used C2v3 and was very pleased but sold now on Finishkare wax, reasonably priced, pot lasts forever (not literally of course, but seems to), keeps working well for a long time too and the gloss seems deeper than the Gtechniq. I'm still using the C2v3 though, brilliant on both glass and the wheels.
2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.

Was - 2015 Tornado Red 3dr GTI PP, manual, Santiagos, Audi short shifter.