Author Topic: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?  (Read 2762955 times)

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
Re: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?
« Reply #7040 on: 13 August 2017, 14:27 »
Following from yesterdays interior brush up......

Gave it a much needed wash after over 3 weeks without and being stuck at airport for 2 weeks then a week out on the road.

« Last Edit: 13 August 2017, 14:33 by Booth11 »
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

https://www.flickr.com/photos/booth11

Offline CHB100

• Here all the time
« Reply #7041 on: 13 August 2017, 18:04 »
Decided to get the PedalBox+ after reading peoples feedback (used forum discount code, thx) and got it fitted earlier today, I definitely benefitted from previous forum feedback and Booth11 excellent pictorial fitting guide I found was big help  :wink:.....got it fitted in 10 mins and programmed ready to try out on the road tomorrow....although other more important diy type stuff is possibly planned!  :whistle:

Think I'll probably look for something of a rubber liner/sheet to pop in storage box just to stop any annoying rattles

I just stick a microfiber cloth on top of mine, which I use to dust the interior with.

Don't forget to notify your insurers, shouldn't cost you anything but best to be upfront with any modification

You saying insurer's know what it is? I imagine they will think it as an engine mod. As soon as you make contact they go Oh! not sure and consequently think the negative. Has anyone had issues with reporting it ?
After all why does the car need it as far as they are concerned, basically to improve performance only in their eyes.
Arrived 15/5/17 Mk 7.5 R Lapiz 5dr DSG, Prets, Pan Roof, DCC, Rear View Cam.
Our other car is a Mk7 GTI DSG 5dr Tungsten, Vienna, Rear View Cam, Park assist.

Offline Watts

• Forum addict
« Reply #7042 on: 13 August 2017, 18:18 »
Decided to get the PedalBox+ after reading peoples feedback (used forum discount code, thx) and got it fitted earlier today, I definitely benefitted from previous forum feedback and Booth11 excellent pictorial fitting guide I found was big help  :wink:.....got it fitted in 10 mins and programmed ready to try out on the road tomorrow....although other more important diy type stuff is possibly planned!  :whistle:

Think I'll probably look for something of a rubber liner/sheet to pop in storage box just to stop any annoying rattles

I just stick a microfiber cloth on top of mine, which I use to dust the interior with.

Don't forget to notify your insurers, shouldn't cost you anything but best to be upfront with any modification

You saying insurer's know what it is? I imagine they will think it as an engine mod. As soon as you make contact they go Oh! not sure and consequently think the negative. Has anyone had issues with reporting it ?
After all why does the car need it as far as they are concerned, basically to improve performance only in their eyes.

My current insurer (DL) were fine, no charge however LV were as you thought, decided it was an engine mod and refused to quote.
2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.

Was - 2015 Tornado Red 3dr GTI PP, manual, Santiagos, Audi short shifter.

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #7043 on: 13 August 2017, 20:36 »
Direct Line are fine covering my pedal box, once I'd explained them what it did and that it duvet increase the power they were fine, and my premium dropped by £1.60 to boot, lol.
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

https://www.flickr.com/photos/booth11

Offline JoeGTI

• I live here
« Reply #7044 on: 14 August 2017, 12:57 »
Not what "I" did today, but what some utter c-u-n-t did to my car in the dead of night over the weekend:

Both mirror caps stolen - and butchered the grey/unpainted frame in the process. SCUM does not come close to describing the pond life that does this.  :sick:
« Last Edit: 14 August 2017, 12:59 by JoeGTI »
MK8 GTI Clubsport. Reflex silver, Estorils, and a few other bits.

Offline phope

• I live here
« Reply #7045 on: 14 August 2017, 13:03 »
Bastards  :angry:

Carbon or silver mirrors?
Golf Mk8 R order cancelled...awaiting company car instead
Tiguan 1.5 Elegance for the wife & dogs
Skoda 1.5 SEL cheap lease special

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #7046 on: 14 August 2017, 13:34 »
Not what "I" did today, but what some utter c-u-n-t did to my car in the dead of night over the weekend:

Both mirror caps stolen - and butchered the grey/unpainted frame in the process. SCUM does not come close to describing the pond life that does this.  :sick:

Utter lowlifes.  :angry:
It's bad enough losing the caps but the other damage means the costs spiral massively.  :sad:

Following from yesterdays interior brush up......

Gave it a much needed wash after over 3 weeks without and being stuck at airport for 2 weeks then a week out on the road.

Sun shades needed to view your pics as always Ms B!  :cool: :smiley:
Do you need to wear shades just to walk up to it?  :grin:
Top work, as always.
‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner

Offline dereks

• Here all the time
« Reply #7047 on: 14 August 2017, 13:54 »
Looks like it becoming a problem parts getting stolen off cars.

Offline JoeGTI

• I live here
« Reply #7048 on: 14 August 2017, 14:06 »
Thanks for the tea and sympathy fellas - I just needed to vent about it (again).

They were the standard R silver mirrors.
Retail cost of the bits I need is ballpark 300 euro (whatever that is in STG). But fortunately my local dealers have been more than sympathetic and helpful and are heavily discounting that cost for me.

So while the cost to my wallet isn't so bad, the cost to my mental well being over the whole thing has been far greater.
MK8 GTI Clubsport. Reflex silver, Estorils, and a few other bits.

Offline Watts

• Forum addict
« Reply #7049 on: 14 August 2017, 14:54 »
Thanks for the tea and sympathy fellas - I just needed to vent about it (again).

They were the standard R silver mirrors.
Retail cost of the bits I need is ballpark 300 euro (whatever that is in STG). But fortunately my local dealers have been more than sympathetic and helpful and are heavily discounting that cost for me.

So while the cost to my wallet isn't so bad, the cost to my mental well being over the whole thing has been far greater.

Really sorry to hear that Joe, utter (I can't think of anything bad enough that I can put into print). The only good thing from this is good to hear how decent the dealer is being.
2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.

Was - 2015 Tornado Red 3dr GTI PP, manual, Santiagos, Audi short shifter.