Author Topic: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?  (Read 2779318 times)

Offline eatontrifles

• GTI forum regular
Re: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?
« Reply #7030 on: 11 August 2017, 15:13 »
Uploaded the PocketGPS speed camera database to the car via Car-Net. Had to do the 'Memory Manager' thing twice but other than that it worked great, custom icons and all.
Mk7.5 5dr GTI DSG. Isaac Blue, Keyless, Dynaudio, DLA & Lane Assist, DCC, Art Velours.

Offline Jim_mk7.5

• I live here
« Reply #7031 on: 11 August 2017, 16:14 »
Looks very shiny and cared for Jim_mk7.5 :smiley: great reflections. The black badgeskins look smart, but I prefer the red.

It's had a coat of Polish Angel Master Sealant  :cool:

I do like red, but IMO it like up-badging putting them on a non PP GTI and I think the gloss black goes well with black grills and rear spoiler trim which works with the grey. More of a subtle look which is what I wanted.
NOW - 330e M Sport
GONE - 2018 Mk7.5 GTI Performance 5dr DSG, Tungsten Silver, 2017 Mk7.5 GTI 5dr DSG, Indium Grey

Offline Watts

• Forum addict
« Reply #7032 on: 11 August 2017, 16:30 »
Looks very shiny and cared for Jim_mk7.5 :smiley: great reflections. The black badgeskins look smart, but I prefer the red.

I do like red, but IMO it like up-badging putting them on a non PP GTI and I think the gloss black goes well with black grills and rear spoiler trim which works with the grey. More of a subtle look which is what I wanted.

Ahh, sorry, I wrongly assumed yours was a PP, in that case then, they do look better than the standard ones :smiley:
2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.

Was - 2015 Tornado Red 3dr GTI PP, manual, Santiagos, Audi short shifter.

Offline dave7268

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #7033 on: 11 August 2017, 18:27 »
Fitted a new dash-cam as the Garmin one died on me got the Thinkware F770 now.

Hmmm, been toying about getting one of these....

How was the fitment and any chance of some exterior pics?  Any chance of a mini-review?
7GTI PP DSG - no longer

Offline Jim_mk7.5

• I live here
« Reply #7034 on: 12 August 2017, 13:58 »

Ahh, sorry, I wrongly assumed yours was a PP, in that case then, they do look better than the standard ones :smiley:

Ah yes I see! Yeah, if I'd got a PP then I would leave them red for sure..  :smiley:
NOW - 330e M Sport
GONE - 2018 Mk7.5 GTI Performance 5dr DSG, Tungsten Silver, 2017 Mk7.5 GTI 5dr DSG, Indium Grey

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #7035 on: 12 August 2017, 15:35 »
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

https://www.flickr.com/photos/booth11

Offline deltarikk

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #7036 on: 12 August 2017, 16:27 »

Ah yes I see! Yeah, if I'd got a PP then I would leave them red for sure..  :smiley:

I like the look of that Jim, nice subtle look as you say :cool: I've got one of the interior visor badge skins but not fitted yet

Offline deltarikk

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #7037 on: 12 August 2017, 16:46 »
Decided to get the PedalBox+ after reading peoples feedback (used forum discount code, thx) and got it fitted earlier today, I definitely benefitted from previous forum feedback and Booth11 excellent pictorial fitting guide I found was big help  :wink:.....got it fitted in 10 mins and programmed ready to try out on the road tomorrow....although other more important diy type stuff is possibly planned!  :whistle:

Think I'll probably look for something of a rubber liner/sheet to pop in storage box just to stop any annoying rattles

Offline Eccie

• Here all the time
  • Keyless & Penniless
« Reply #7038 on: 12 August 2017, 17:14 »
Decided to get the PedalBox+ after reading peoples feedback (used forum discount code, thx) and got it fitted earlier today, I definitely benefitted from previous forum feedback and Booth11 excellent pictorial fitting guide I found was big help  :wink:.....got it fitted in 10 mins and programmed ready to try out on the road tomorrow....although other more important diy type stuff is possibly planned!  :whistle:

Think I'll probably look for something of a rubber liner/sheet to pop in storage box just to stop any annoying rattles

I just stick a microfiber cloth on top of mine, which I use to dust the interior with.

Don't forget to notify your insurers, shouldn't cost you anything but best to be upfront with any modification
« Last Edit: 12 August 2017, 17:18 by Eccie »

Offline deltarikk

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #7039 on: 12 August 2017, 19:02 »
Cheers Eccie, I contacted them before ordering just to be sure, good advice though