Author Topic: Restoring Indigo Blue 1.8t GTI...  (Read 950 times)

Offline Rousie

• Not said much yet
Restoring Indigo Blue 1.8t GTI...
« on: 14 June 2011, 20:32 »
Hi all, i am looking for some advice on getting the paintwork looking smart again on my recently bought MK4.

The car has done 100k, so comes with plenty of proof, looking at the bodywork. Scratches and bumps aside, i am looking at getting that shine back, and trying to get rid of the awful dull "haze" the car has, amongst all the `drive-thru` car wash evidence, swirls and other blemishes, etc.

I've already got a Porter Cable 7424 Random Orbital buffer, some Sonus Yellow & White 4" spot pads, and also some Megs 80 & 83 (I think).

The above combo on my last two Fords' was perfect, and bought them up nicely, but VW paint / lacquer seems as hard as nails to get through - even tried a bit of G3, but i hate the stuff. It took me over and hour to get HALF the bonnet looking something like, and i still wasn't happy with the finish.

Heard alot of good things about Menz products and lake country pads, and so if anyone can throw some advice on what to get and where from, that would be an absolute god-send.

Thanks all,
Deano

« Last Edit: 14 June 2011, 20:37 by Rousie »