Author Topic: 360 or ps3  (Read 1524 times)

Offline Dan_GTi8v

• I live here
360 or ps3
« on: 11 December 2010, 22:25 »
OK I know there are a lot of factors, but heres my situation

I have a pc and play quite a bit of world of warcraft (haters gonna hate) and have a Wii which I mainly still keep around as its fully softmodded and has 200 odd games, plus I enjoy all the guitar hero and rock band games. Getting rock band 3 for another console isnt an issue as I have the mustang guitar which was £130 so i'm not buying another one

I'm toying with the idea of an xbox or ps3, mainly as I cant think of bugger all else to ask for from my Dad at xmas so was thinking could get a cheapo one 2nd hand off ebay.
Dilema is I dunno which as my dad and brother both have 360s (all live seperately so online together could be cool) but I also know a few people who do co ops on ps3, so which is best for online gameplay?

Joining in with you guys on here could also be cool :P

(And anyone who knows about softmodding either of them can add their 2p as well if they wish  :wink:)
20vt conversion, sig pic coming soon!

Build thread http://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=167291.0

Offline Dan_GTi8v

• I live here
Re: 360 or ps3
« Reply #1 on: 11 December 2010, 22:25 »
Sorry mods I posted in the wrong forum doh!

Offline justalex81

• I live here
« Reply #2 on: 11 December 2010, 22:32 »
if it's online gaming then its xbox all the way

Offline Alec

• I live here
« Reply #3 on: 11 December 2010, 22:53 »
I do agree that the sh!tbox is better online but they go wrong every five minutes and obviously you have to pay subscription. What do you want out of the console and what are your favourite games?

PS3 is a great all round media centre and has the blu-ray player, free online play and has a web browser (A sh!te one at that).
I use my PS3 mostly for PlayTV (digital freeview), Bluray, music and Gran Turismo 5 at the minute. Got a new 320gb slim a couple of weeks ago as my old fat model died after four years of constant play. It is almost completely silent, runs cool and lets me use just my tv remote to navigate the XMB and video/music functionality instead of the PS3 controller (also if I turn the tv off it shut's down the system etc).

It all depends what you want to use it for mate

Offline Dolly

• I live here
« Reply #4 on: 12 December 2010, 09:47 »
I do agree that the sh!tbox is better online but they go wrong every five minutes and obviously you have to pay subscription. What do you want out of the console and what are your favourite games?

PS3 is a great all round media centre and has the blu-ray player, free online play and has a web browser (A sh!te one at that).
I use my PS3 mostly for PlayTV (digital freeview), Bluray, music and Gran Turismo 5 at the minute. Got a new 320gb slim a couple of weeks ago as my old fat model died after four years of constant play. It is almost completely silent, runs cool and lets me use just my tv remote to navigate the XMB and video/music functionality instead of the PS3 controller (also if I turn the tv off it shut's down the system etc).

It all depends what you want to use it for mate

yes xbox's have had their their problems but if you look down the threads on this topic you have:
"disc stuck inside ps3"
"ps3 flashing red light"
"ps3 broke AGAIN"

i think its about time ps3 users reconsigned their console isnt exactly bullet proof?

but thats missing the point youll be getting a brand new console with warranty, realisticly both should be reliable for a few years minimum by which time it might be next generation console time (well xbox maybe  :wink:)

To the above comment i have the new slim Elite 360 and that runs silent, from what i gather ps3 is good for a media centre thing and browsing the web but youve got a half decent pc set up right.....

Just for the fact your family have xbox's id suggest getting one so you can kick your dad and brothers ass lol.

Offline daniel-1986

• Here all the time
« Reply #5 on: 12 December 2010, 09:58 »
least microsoft came out and admitted there were problems with their machine and offered 3 yr warranties unlike sony have

Offline Dan_GTi8v

• I live here
« Reply #6 on: 12 December 2010, 13:09 »
I've been leaning towards xbox, everytime I talk to a ps3 owner though all I hear is 'xbox is sh!t, xbox is gonna break, xbox lasts 2 mins' etc, basically what the ps3 owners have said in here as well :P

Never been a fan of GT so the whole GT vs Forza thing is meaningless, big thing for me about xbox is the subscription thing. Already have a pc and a wii which is all free so not sure I wanna pay for the occasional xbox play

when ppl say it depends what games im gonna play, why is that relevant? dont they both have pretty much the same games?

Offline stevengeelan

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #7 on: 12 December 2010, 17:15 »
I own a 360 aswell as a PS3.

At the moment I'm using the PS3 more because of Gran Turismo, but the xbox is my preferred console.

Had the RROD twice, in 5 years, first time got a new console within 2 weeks from microsoft and the other time sorted it myself for a fiver with a kit off ebay, so wasn't really a big deal, just an inconvenience.

The xbox is better for online gaming so I don't really mind paying the xbox live subscription and prefer the controller of the xbox too.

If a game was out for both consoles I'd definitely get it for the xbox over the ps3.

Offline dazzawest1987

• I live here
« Reply #8 on: 12 December 2010, 21:48 »
Assuming your going to play online(no doubt you are) you should consider what your mates are playing on, I prefer ps3 as always had Sony unfortunately most of my mates have xboxes so can't play them online. Console ability wise dont think there's much to choose between them.

Offline Dan_GTi8v

• I live here
« Reply #9 on: 12 December 2010, 23:59 »
Cant decide! Dad and 2 bros have xbox, mates at work have ps3! argh  :cry: