Author Topic: Wheel Sealant?  (Read 6288 times)

Offline Uruk Hai

• I live here
Re: Wheel Sealant?
« Reply #10 on: 08 November 2010, 16:43 »
My Dad has a pot of Poorboys so after helping myself to some I cant beleive just how good it is and it really notices when you wash the car, it makes the wheels so much easier to clean  :cool:

Offline richw911

• 10k hero
  • The Linkmeister and an OEM Freak.
« Reply #11 on: 10 November 2010, 18:46 »
My Dad has a pot of Poorboys so after helping myself to some I cant beleive just how good it is and it really notices when you wash the car, it makes the wheels so much easier to clean  :cool:

:afro:

MKIV Mod Squadâ„¢ a part of the headlight police.

Offline Shady Pioneer

• Serious forum addict
  • graphic designer.
« Reply #12 on: 18 November 2010, 20:11 »
I applied 2 layers of Poorboys wheel sealant and finished with a layer of 915. I can already tell it works better as brake dust isn't really sticking to the rims. :afro:

Offline Dan J

• I live here
  • Pro Valeting and correcting paint since 95
« Reply #13 on: 18 November 2010, 23:18 »
I applied 2 layers of Poorboys wheel sealant and finished with a layer of 915. I can already tell it works better as brake dust isn't really sticking to the rims. :afro:

nice one shady, plus it will be so easy to keep them clean, the dirt falls off nicely when you seal and wax your rims. did the wifes bmw wheels back in april/may time with a polish over with lime prime then a layer of blackmax glaze followed by 2 layers of jetseal 109 a layer of collinite 845 and 1 layer of rainforest rub to gloss it up a bit, proberly went over the top tbh but well worth it imho as when i come to clean them it takes minimal touching to get the brake dust off.

keep in mind shady that your wheels are polished and wont show the breakdust up as quickly as normal painted alloys. and keep adding a layer of wax every other wash to keep the protection topped up.
I EAT CARNAUBA FLAKES FOR BREAKFAST!!!

Offline Shady Pioneer

• Serious forum addict
  • graphic designer.
« Reply #14 on: 18 November 2010, 23:26 »

nice one shady, plus it will be so easy to keep them clean, the dirt falls off nicely when you seal and wax your rims. did the wifes bmw wheels back in april/may time with a polish over with lime prime then a layer of blackmax glaze followed by 2 layers of jetseal 109 a layer of collinite 845 and 1 layer of rainforest rub to gloss it up a bit, proberly went over the top tbh but well worth it imho as when i come to clean them it takes minimal touching to get the brake dust off.

keep in mind shady that your wheels are polished and wont show the breakdust up as quickly as normal painted alloys. and keep adding a layer of wax every other wash to keep the protection topped up.

I'm going to be cleaning them on Sunday, after they come off the car, and then into the shed. :(

Offline Dan J

• I live here
« Reply #15 on: 19 November 2010, 09:25 »

I'm going to be cleaning them on Sunday, after they come off the car, and then into the shed. :(

nice one! keep them all tucked up for winter, try and cover them up in your shed to minimise the crap that would settle on them.

Offline Shady Pioneer

• Serious forum addict
  • graphic designer.
« Reply #16 on: 19 November 2010, 10:23 »
Will a bed sheet do?  :grin:

Offline Dan J

• I live here
« Reply #17 on: 19 November 2010, 14:24 »
perfect mate :wink:

Offline simonpolly

• I live here
« Reply #18 on: 19 November 2010, 17:18 »
I use AG alloy wheel protector on my Monza shadows, its difficult to tell if its any good because Monza shadows are so easy to keep clean. :undecided: .
Golfgti build quality is average at best.

Offline musicman87

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #19 on: 19 November 2010, 19:12 »
I use Jetseal109 - 2 thin coats and it makes them so much easier to clean! Every 6 months or so i'll take the wheels off and give them a good going over - but the EZ Detail brush is awesome for keeping on top of the wheel inners during normal washing!
55' Tornado Red 3-Door GTI, Manual, 17" Monza's, Totally original!