Author Topic: xbox kinect  (Read 3836 times)

Offline asif

• I live here
Re: xbox kinect
« Reply #10 on: 03 November 2010, 21:56 »
I got a decent steering wheel as a pressie from the Mrs it's called Micro CON 2 comes with the pedals and flappy padal for gear shifts, she also bought me the X-rocker chair which is absolutely ace, 2 speakers and a sub built in, it's awesome and very comfy.

That said, if I bought the Kinnect it wouldn't be quite worth it for me as I love these 2 add ons and wouldn't really be able to use them with the Kinnect.
MK7 GT Bluemotion Tech TDi

Offline Jay

• Forum addict
  • balding fat cvnt
« Reply #11 on: 03 November 2010, 22:36 »
but what do you do to change gear, brake and accelerate? It'll be sh!te. Racing games need proper wheels and peddles.

nick

Old armchair with old peddle box and gear shift installed  :grin:

I reckon for social games it'll be great.
Passat B5.5 2.3 V5 170, with all the extras.

Want some online storage? Click here to sign up for a Dropbox account.

But for the purest engine experience, displacement has no replacement. All other methods are simply attempts to artificially recreate the benefits of displacement.

Offline Chicken McFat

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #12 on: 04 November 2010, 08:29 »
No.

Played the boxing game on a mates Wii.  Sweating buckets and knackered after 10 minutes.

Too old for that sh!te.

I'll be sitting down like the rest of the "first gen gamers" with my beer and pizza.

Jonathan.

+1

Offline Phil1980

• I live here
« Reply #13 on: 04 November 2010, 10:11 »
I can't see this catching on, the wii has the market covered for this sort of thing.  Personally I prefer to sit on my arse when I'm playing computer games.
MK5 2005 GTI, BLACK, 3 DR, 18" MONZA II, XENONS

Offline kittie

• I live here
« Reply #14 on: 04 November 2010, 17:05 »
I can't see this catching on, the wii has the market covered for this sort of thing.  Personally I prefer to sit on my arse when I'm playing computer games.

It really doesn't. The Wii is nothing compared to the Xbox and Kinect takes interactive style gaming to a whole other level by comparison.

I want Kinect, have been dropping hints so hoping I'll be getting it for Xmas. If I do the Wii is going on fleabay!

Ohhhhhhh I hope we get kinect at work too.

Offline asif

• I live here
« Reply #15 on: 04 November 2010, 18:23 »
Jeez Kittie where do you work? Why would work have a Kinect? Games room?
MK7 GT Bluemotion Tech TDi

adamrob69

« Reply #16 on: 04 November 2010, 18:48 »
we have a wii on a widescreen tele at work  :lipsrsealed:

it wont catch on, price way to high for what is essentially just a gimmick. its not going to replace controllers, not in the near future anyway

Offline Jay

• Forum addict
  • balding fat cvnt
« Reply #17 on: 04 November 2010, 20:46 »
It's not just for gaming BTW, you control all your media using it, flick through photo's, film, voice control etc

It turns the xbox into a complete entertainment centre  :cool:

After we get the xbox + kinect we're going to get a larger tv as 32" won't cut it anymore  :grin:
Passat B5.5 2.3 V5 170, with all the extras.

Want some online storage? Click here to sign up for a Dropbox account.

But for the purest engine experience, displacement has no replacement. All other methods are simply attempts to artificially recreate the benefits of displacement.

Offline Horney

• 10k hero
  • Racing, Trackdays, Starwars.
« Reply #18 on: 04 November 2010, 20:51 »
Humm I'm still not convinced. I feel it's a bit of a gimick, much like 3D.

The kinda games I play (mostly racing) aren't really suited to it and I have an iMac (and soon Apple TV) for my media shizzle.

Nick

Offline opel

• I live here
« Reply #19 on: 04 November 2010, 20:53 »
not many people for it then. im looking forward to it . i can pause films and other stuff without getting up