Author Topic: meg's 3 step advice  (Read 2192 times)

Offline 0770rich

• Not said much yet
meg's 3 step advice
« on: 03 February 2010, 23:07 »
ok guys, gave the car a good claying then used megs 3 step products back in november, have managed to just wash her a few times since, feel she now needs some more TLC.but not sure where to start. should i clay then do steps 1 to 3 or just start at step 1 or 2 or 3 after the wash.

thanks for any help/ advice

Offline dragonfly

• I live here
Re: meg's 3 step advice
« Reply #1 on: 04 February 2010, 09:53 »
If the paint feels rough after washing then clay it again, followed by the 3 steps.

Offline 0770rich

• Not said much yet
« Reply #2 on: 04 February 2010, 11:10 »
would there be any problem with starting on step 2 or just jumping onto step 3? dose it need the paint cleaner all the time?

Offline Shady Pioneer

• Serious forum addict
  • graphic designer.
« Reply #3 on: 04 February 2010, 14:26 »
would there be any problem with starting on step 2 or just jumping onto step 3? dose it need the paint cleaner all the time?

No not at all. I have used the 3 step before. I found that on my Dragon Green MK3, that it helped using step 1 though as it really put depth into the colour. Then step 2 is obviously polishing, then step 3 wax. However instead of using step 3 now I use Collinite 915, much better wax. :afro:

Offline 0770rich

• Not said much yet
« Reply #4 on: 04 February 2010, 16:53 »
does step one take all the polish/wax from the piantwork that's left on from previous applications? must get me some better products can anyone suggest any for a silver car? so many on the market selants/glazes/polish/wax. :laugh: in which order do you apply them? been looking into this  for  a while but the more i look the more confussed i get :angry:

Offline waxamomo

• Forum Supporter
  • I live here
« Reply #5 on: 04 February 2010, 17:52 »
There really isn't any colour specific products, well apart from Dodo Juice but then again you can use any wax on any colour. Have I confused you already  :smiley:

Can you list what products you already have and maybe what you are wanting to achieve and i'll try and steer you in the right direction for some products. A budget may help too.

Cheers,

Chris

Offline 0770rich

• Not said much yet
« Reply #6 on: 04 February 2010, 19:37 »
cheers chris. only products i got really are meg gold class shampoo.
                                                         megs clay bar kit
                                                         megs 3 step system

really looking to go up a range, but with products that'll give good shine & durability.
budget, £20ish per product. got loads of M.F cloths but no applicators.

if you could list in order to use/apply it would be less confusing :smiley:
thanks

Offline waxamomo

• Forum Supporter
  • I live here
« Reply #7 on: 04 February 2010, 19:45 »
I'm guessing you already have a bucket with a grit guard? Also a quality lambswool wash mitt?

The Meg's Gold Class Shampoo is a decent product, no need to buy any other shampoo until you run out. Again the Meguiar's Clay Kit is a good kit, perfect for what you need.

Although the Meg's 3 step system is ok, it's really not the best.

Ideally, you want to:

Wash
Clay
Wash
Polish
Protect

That is very basic. You could maybe add Dodo Juice Lime Prime as a polish, and maybe Colly 915 as your wax/protection?

Applicators are cheap enough to add to your products, maybe some Meguiar's Soft Foam or Dodo Juice Blue Roo's.

Maybe you could try a Poorboy's Sample Kit:

http://www.waxamomo.co.uk/productcart/pc/viewCategories.asp?idCategory=57

Just to try some different products without paying out too much.

Chris

Offline 0770rich

• Not said much yet
« Reply #8 on: 04 February 2010, 20:32 »
cheers for that chris, looks like some good sample packs there.