Author Topic: cleaning....  (Read 2130 times)

Offline jonesltd

• I live here
  • MK7 R
cleaning....
« on: 20 June 2009, 22:06 »
cleaned andc waxed it and for some reason its lacking real shine?? like a wet look finish..any ideas? use turtle wax for wax and car shampoo. do I need to get some shine finish or something?
If you cant find it......Grind it

Offline Rhyso

• Global Moderator
  • Sir Postalot
Re: cleaning....
« Reply #1 on: 20 June 2009, 22:08 »
what colours the car??

for a truely deep shine you need to

wash
clay
rinse
polish
seal
wax

have a look through the stickies at the top for some top advice :afro:

also junk the Turtle Wax rubbish for something decent  :smiley:  like Collinite, Dodo Juice etc

Offline jonesltd

• I live here
  • MK7 R
« Reply #2 on: 21 June 2009, 10:23 »
Ok thanks...its diamond black/ So what are the products that I need to buy then?

Offline waxamomo

• Forum Supporter
  • I live here
« Reply #3 on: 21 June 2009, 10:41 »
Claying your car should make a huge difference, however if your car is covered in swirl marks, you will never get the depth of shine you want while they are there.

If polishing by hand, something like Meguiar's Ultimate Comound will get rid of the swirls, I seen this being used on a Black VW Polo at a Meguiar's Seminar and it worked wonders. It will take a long time to do the whole car but will be well worth it.

Offline waxamomo

• Forum Supporter
  • I live here
« Reply #4 on: 21 June 2009, 10:55 »
Ok thanks...its diamond black/ So what are the products that I need to buy then?

To do your car properly?

I would say:

Wash - Any good shampoo, e.g. Meg's Gold Class, Dodo Juice Born to be mild, Poorboy's Super Slick, and of them will be fine, they are all between £10-£15. Oh and get yourself a good wash mitt rather than a sponge.

Clay - Meguiar's Smooth Surface Clay Kit - about £22 - Comes as a copmplete kit, everything you need to clay your car. Have you ever clayed a car? If not have a look at the video at the bottom of this page:

http://www.waxamomo.co.uk/productcart/pc/viewPrd.asp?idproduct=115&idcategory=4

Polish - Meguiar's Ultimate Compound and some decent applicators. Meguiar's Even Coat Applicator's or Dodo Juice Blue Roo will be fine. This will get rid of the swirls, if you just wanted to cover them up, you could try Autoglym SRP.

Wax - What ever product takes your fancy really. Meguiar's NXT Paste Wax, Dodo Juice, Chemical Guy's Poorboy's, Valet Pro Artemis, Collinite, anything that you like the look of will be fine.

That will get you a good start, but if you get into your car cleaning too much, trust me it will cost you a fortune  :grin:
« Last Edit: 21 June 2009, 10:56 by Alty17 »

Offline jonesltd

• I live here
  • MK7 R
« Reply #5 on: 21 June 2009, 11:57 »
Thanks guys... All I do on the weekend is wash and wax it which seems to take ages just for that and now I gotta clay, rinse, polish!!! Lets hope it wont rain as I will be proper f**kin mad!!!
« Last Edit: 21 June 2009, 11:59 by jonesltd »

Offline waxamomo

• Forum Supporter
  • I live here
« Reply #6 on: 21 June 2009, 15:54 »
Cleaning your car thoroughly every now and then will actually help keep your car cleaner for longer. You only really need to clay your car once a year, give it a good polish every 4-6 months and wax maybe every 2-3 months, depending on what wax you go for that is.

Offline Uruk Hai

• I live here
« Reply #7 on: 22 June 2009, 18:40 »

Dodo Juice Purple haze  :cool:

Offline stevengeelan

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #8 on: 22 June 2009, 21:27 »

Dodo Juice Purple haze  :cool:

+1

Jkctr