Author Topic: Cornering Fogs  (Read 3233 times)

Offline dubber36

• Forum addict
Re: Cornering Fogs
« Reply #20 on: 06 September 2011, 08:18 »
Although I have them, I don't see the benifits, even on country lanes.

In town, I believe they have street lights, so there is somthing wrong if you need a fog light on to help you see at a junction. Out in the sticks, speeds will generally be higher, so the cornering lights won't be activated when going around bends. You may think that they would be of benift when pulling out of junctions into an unlit road, but this is not the case either. Many country folk will turn down to side lights briefly to enable any light cast from headlights of other cars to be more visible.

Red Mk6 gone replaced with a white Mk7 which has gone too. Green Mk2 here to stay.

Offline Mr_F

• I live here
« Reply #21 on: 06 September 2011, 09:37 »
Bendy Xenon's work a treat!  :laugh:

Bit more than a VAG-COM purchase and a bit of finger tapping though!

When the winter draws in I may have a go with this feature see what it does on the country lane blast too and from work.
61 Plate GTD 5dr, Shadow Blue, 18" Charleston's, Flat Tyre Indicator, Cruise Control, Bi-xenon (With Dynamic Curve), Storage Pack, Winter Pack and RCD 510.

Offline Keithuk

• I live here
« Reply #22 on: 06 September 2011, 10:29 »
Enabling cornering lights in the Volkswagen Golf Mark V with factory fitted fog lights

It says Mark V but it says in the text (Mark VI is covered in it’s own guide) so I've asked where this is to check the difference?

Not that I'm bothered as I don't use the fogs I'm just curious?
2010 Golf GTD (170) CBBB, 5 Door, Shadow Blue (P6/D5Q), Flat Tyre Indicator, Basic Protection Pack + VCDS.

Offline simonpolly

• I live here
« Reply #23 on: 06 September 2011, 19:27 »
I have just watched my wife parking our new sharan,the cornering lights/fog lights looked silly as they flash from one side to the other depending on the direction of the steering wheel,i would not go out of my way to have them enabled.  :smiley:
Golfgti build quality is average at best.