Author Topic: no door speakers!  (Read 2401 times)

kniterider

no door speakers!
« on: 24 September 2003, 20:11 »
hi there,
              just got a mk2 8v 3dr gti for a run around to keep milage down on mk4, but ive got no door speakers, i had em in me 91 3dr, but this ones a 85 with the quarter lights and mickey mouse mirrors, theres some dodgey soundin speakers in corners of dash and back shelf supports, did this 85 model come with door speakers? there dont seem to be any where for em to go! any ideas on a post card please!

lol

kniterider

Offline modulater

• I live here
Re:no door speakers!
« Reply #1 on: 24 September 2003, 23:05 »
Your golf should have a pull out cubby hole on the front of the door pocket, This on the later cars is where the speaker goes, I'm sure you can retro fit the later "aktiv" covers with speakers in the space of the cubby hole to give you door speakers.

If not you should be able to buy the later style of door pockets with speaker grills and retro fit them to your doors.

Offline Dizzie

• Forum addict
  • Make friends with your fast
Re:no door speakers!
« Reply #2 on: 24 September 2003, 23:30 »
the pre-'88 golf's didn't have the pull out pockets at the front. they only added those when they moved the wing mirrors to the proper place and changed the K-jet engines to Digifant. You have 3 options Kniterider:

1) Build some pods by cutting the pocket in half where there's a bit stuck up. You can fit 2 5in speakers in that hole as I did a few years back.

2) Source some later pockets off a >'88 golf from a scrappy/wherever

3) audioscape sell some nice curvy pockets that will take 6in (17cm) speakers, but they ain't cheap.

The first option is probably the cheapest, but the third is the best  :P

Hope that helps :)
Mk4 Golf 150PD