Author Topic: few upgrades & ideas '59 mk6 gti  (Read 1783 times)

Offline chuck43

• Not said much yet
few upgrades & ideas '59 mk6 gti
« on: 12 February 2021, 16:18 »
Hi all,

looking to do couple bits to my 59 plate mk6 gti. Currently have a stage 2 remap with a induction kit (just the final section of pipe with filter) Recently fitted new plugs and r8 coils.

Just ordered some eibach lowering springs (20mm drop) hoping the dampers last a little while once i change these. If they dont i will get some coilovers.

I'm trying to keep my eyes on ebay for a few things to get 2nd hand rather than new really but will more than likely bit the bullet as im too impatient :)

I'm after:
Rear light clusters like the golf R style LED ones

Exhaust system from turbo back with sports cat (any ideas which brand> looking at miltek or scorpion at the moment)

Brakes (discs and pads sets that are better than original but not too racey that they are noisey and dirty)

Coilovers eventually (again not too racey to ruin the ride but not too cheap they last a year lol) Im guessing the £260 Stance+ ones on ebay are awful??

Induction pipe like this APR one but awsome say they would have to order it in from usa (https://www.awesomegti.com/apr-pex-stage-2-intake-pipe-1-8tsi-and-2-0tsi-ea888-1/)

cheers all

chuck