Author Topic: Hi all Just purchased my new MK3 GTi and have a few plans for her :)  (Read 1171 times)

Offline .Aklaim^

• Just got here
Hi all my name is Dan im 25 and have just purchased my first golf, its a MK3 8V GTi and so far I think its a great little car and am enjoying driving her about, it also only cost me £400 a year to insure fully comp which I thought was pretty good. It has full service history fully stamped to date and has only ever had 3 women owners so hopefully never been ragged :) I got it off of a couple that have had it for the last 7 years :). I just had it Valeted and now plan to get all the plastics colour coded and then lower it and put a nice set of wheels on it :) then I think I will be done.

Here are some pics of the car all feedback welcome....

So thats her as she is at the mo :) hope you all like her I will keep you updated with the colour coding and lowering etc. I used to Spray cars for a living so am very picky that it has to be perfect so im hoping to make her completly spotless.

I thought I would show you guys some of my car that I owned previousl to this golf as I have always loved my cars, hope you like them :)

This was my Black VW T4 I actually worked for the company that did all the work on it call VW Transporter-Styling we were one of the top companys in the UK for working on VW vans and had many magazine features :)

this was my MR2 Non Turbo

This was my MR2 Turbo

and this was my Black Nissan Pulsar GTI-R

SO there you go there is a bit about me and some of the other cars I have owned I have had several other cars but dont want to go on forever and bore you all :). I am looking forward to getting to know you all and hopefully getting some helpful feedback on my Golf. Infact I have my first question what are the best size and offset wheels to put on my golf??????

Many thanks
Dan

Offline Thom89

• Forum addict
  • Looking for an "Icebreaker"
Hello, and welcome to the Forum  :cool: :cool:

Get yourself into the Mk3 section for the best advice...

Thom

Offline Len

• 10k hero
  • Guardian of the Seas, Protector of Waves
Welcome mate! So how is the 8v after those pokey motors?
Mystic Blue Mk3 16v + Black Mk5 Gti 05 plate + Peugeot 405 Mi16

www.sas.org.uk
www.the-ace.org.uk

Offline .Aklaim^

• Just got here
Cheers guys :) the 8V seems very slow compare to some of those cars but I didnt by it for the speed I bought it as I have always loved golfs and always wanted one so thought I would finally get one :) plus I think they look ace when they have been lowered with a nice set of wheels. I just sold my BMW E46 320i SE and fancied a small little hot hatch so that was that :) cant wait to get a few things done to her now :)

Offline murraymint

• I live here
Hi and welcome,

the golf looks propa tidy!! Will be good to see what you do to it!
josh

95 Mk3 golf 1.6 CL, 96 Mk3 golf gti 16v, 89 Mk2 Jetta GL97 Mk3 golf gti 16v, 99 bora 2ltr se, 83 mk1 golf 1.1, 15 polo 1.2 tsi