Author Topic: Octavia vRS vs Mk 8 Golf GTI  (Read 11400 times)

Offline Kpow99

• GTI forum regular
Re: Octavia vRS vs Mk 8 Golf GTI
« Reply #60 on: 16 March 2021, 18:49 »
Really not keen on the interior of the VRS, Golf all the way lol
2019 TCR, Pure Grey, DCC/PP Revo Stage 1

Offline SRGTD

• I live here
« Reply #61 on: 16 March 2021, 19:11 »

I actually like it, although I’m not sure about the alcantara covered dashboard panel. Looking at the panel above the two centre air vents, Skoda have retained more physical buttons (there’s space for 10). Maybe the majority are hot keys for direct access to sub menus on the infotainment screen rather than buttons for specific functions, but whatever they are, it probably makes it easier to alter things / switch things on and off while on the move.

I see the sliding cover over the cup holders has been retained in the Octavia too...........and it gets two gas struts under the bonnet rather than having to make do with a manual prop :smiley:.

2020 Polo GTI Plus; Pure White, DSG (because they all are)
Gone but not forgotten;
2016 Polo GTI; Blue Silk
2011 mk6 Golf GTD; Carbon Grey
2007 mk5 Golf GT (2.0 170bhp TDI version); Deep Black Pearl
2002  mk4 Golf GTI (the 150 bhp diesel version); Deep Black Pearl

Online Watts

• Forum addict
« Reply #62 on: 16 March 2021, 19:19 »

Same here, nor the exterior and I'm not being snobby. The Seats/Cupras are much better looking.
2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.

Was - 2015 Tornado Red 3dr GTI PP, manual, Santiagos, Audi short shifter.

Offline Kpow99

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #63 on: 17 March 2021, 00:05 »

I actually like it, although I’m not sure about the alcantara covered dashboard panel. Looking at the panel above the two centre air vents, Skoda have retained more physical buttons (there’s space for 10). Maybe the majority are hot keys for direct access to sub menus on the infotainment screen rather than buttons for specific functions, but whatever they are, it probably makes it easier to alter things / switch things on and off while on the move.

I see the sliding cover over the cup holders has been retained in the Octavia too...........and it gets two gas struts under the bonnet rather than having to make do with a manual prop :smiley:.

Did you watch Volkswizard video on it?! The buttons sound really plastic and cheap, terrible click and the infotainment screen too far away to reach properly lol

But then I have a TCR so interior is a little better...well...a lot IMO  :grin:
« Last Edit: 17 March 2021, 00:08 by Kpow99 »

Offline Guzzle

• I live here
« Reply #64 on: 17 March 2021, 00:23 »

Did you watch Volkswizard video on it?! The buttons sound really plastic and cheap, terrible click and the infotainment screen too far away to reach properly lol

We had months on here of people complaining about the Golf because it had no buttons on the dash. The Octavia has buttons on the dash and now people are complaining because they don't make the right noise when they're pressed.  :rolleyes:

I've had both a 7.5 Golf and a Mk3 Octavia, and yes the interior is a little nicer in the Golf (apart from the seats), but so it should be given the difference in price. The Octavia is screwed together every bit as well as the Golf, the Golf just has a few higher grade bits of plastic, that's all.
7.5 GTD

Offline Kpow99

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #65 on: 17 March 2021, 08:17 »

We had months on here of people complaining about the Golf because it had no buttons on the dash. The Octavia has buttons on the dash and now people are complaining because they don't make the right noise when they're pressed.  :rolleyes:

I've had both a 7.5 Golf and a Mk3 Octavia, and yes the interior is a little nicer in the Golf (apart from the seats), but so it should be given the difference in price. The Octavia is screwed together every bit as well as the Golf, the Golf just has a few higher grade bits of plastic, that's all.

Well it wasn't me here complaining about buttons pal, I'm just saying from watching the video they don't have the quality of the Golf imo so no need to roll your eyes at me!  Go fill your boots with your Octavia and join their forum  :grin:  :laugh:

Offline Guzzle

• I live here
« Reply #66 on: 17 March 2021, 09:28 »

Well it wasn't me here complaining about buttons pal, I'm just saying from watching the video they don't have the quality of the Golf imo so no need to roll your eyes at me!  Go fill your boots with your Octavia and join their forum  :grin:  :laugh:

I have a Golf so I'll stay right here thanks.

I merely gave an opinion, same as you did, pal.
7.5 GTD

Offline Kpow99

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #67 on: 17 March 2021, 09:44 »

I have a Golf so I'll stay right here thanks.

I merely gave an opinion, same as you did, pal.

"We had months on here of people complaining about the Golf because it had no buttons on the dash. The Octavia has buttons on the dash and now people are complaining because they don't make the right noise when they're pressed.  :rolleyes:" OK maybe I read wrong as not an opinion but something else, apologies.  I wasn't complaining.

It's a nice looking car generally, not bad spec for the money and agree not sure about the furry dash lol

Offline fredgroves

• Serious forum addict
  • Professional Um Bongo drinker
« Reply #68 on: 17 March 2021, 10:09 »
Is it just me or does that photo show that Skoda with a Mk7.5 style AID rather than the glitzy Mk8 one?
Current: Mk8 GTI DSG, Adelaides, DCC, HUD, HK, Winter Pack, Rear Camera.. Aka "HMS Weasel"

Gone: 2017 Mk7.5 GTD,manual, NavPro
Gone: 2014 Mk7 GTD, manual, NavPro, DCC

Offline Guzzle

• I live here
« Reply #69 on: 17 March 2021, 11:42 »

"We had months on here of people complaining about the Golf because it had no buttons on the dash. The Octavia has buttons on the dash and now people are complaining because they don't make the right noise when they're pressed.  :rolleyes:" OK maybe I read wrong as not an opinion but something else, apologies.  I wasn't complaining.

It's a nice looking car generally, not bad spec for the money and agree not sure about the furry dash lol

When I referenced 'people' I meant exactly that. It wasn't aimed at you personally, sorry if I gave you the impression that it was.
7.5 GTD