Author Topic: Hello  (Read 1414 times)

Offline 01273stef

• Just got here
Hello
« on: 03 April 2018, 21:57 »
Hi I’m Stef and I’m a dub addict  :laugh:

I thought I’d give this site a go

I had my 1983 mk1 golf gti 6 years before it was written off by some complete and utter muppet back in January this year. Absolutely gutted with the news she was “economically not viable” to get put back on the rd  :cry:

After getting a very nice hire car BMW 5 series 3L M sport to get me from A to B it made me question should my next car be more modern with all the fancy new gadgets that seem to come standard these days. Well I have to say the BMW was very flash but there was something missing, it wasn’t raw and had no soul! So there and then I decided I had to get another mk1 golf gti. This proved to be more difficult than the last one I bought 6 years ago with less choice on the market so after a few weeks of scrolling the internet i thought maybe it wasn’t meant to be but then I stumbled apon something and I have now acquired my new toy.

She’s a 1979 mk1 golf gti RHD in mars red I have probably paid over the price for what she’s actually worth but I don’t care, she’s got more than her fair share of issues but my plan is to get her back to her good old days and hopefully keep her going another 39+ years!! Definitely not something that will happen in 5mins or 5months but hopefully within the next couple of years she will start to become a good example of 95% standard mk1 gti that’s driven regularly and not caged! She is currently rd legal and she has already put a smile back on my face  :smiley:

So that’s me for now, hello and thanks for reading

Cheers

Stef

Offline JasonGTD

• GTI forum regular
Re: Hello
« Reply #1 on: 04 April 2018, 10:16 »
Great write up, look forward to hearing the progress.

Welcome to the forum, new here myself.
2018 MK 7.5 GTD 3 Dr in Pure White,Extras,Front Splitter, Carbon Exhaust Tips.

Offline 01273stef

• Just got here
« Reply #2 on: 04 April 2018, 13:45 »
Hello and thanks :)

Offline Watts

• Forum addict
« Reply #3 on: 04 April 2018, 14:27 »
Get some pictures up of your new pride and joy if you can Stef! Then we can share the enjoyment a bit!
2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.

Was - 2015 Tornado Red 3dr GTI PP, manual, Santiagos, Audi short shifter.