Author Topic: GTI Average MPG From New  (Read 1153 times)

Offline Alun

• Not said much yet
GTI Average MPG From New
« on: 07 March 2019, 12:48 »
Proud owner of a GTI 7.5 PP DSG 5 Door purchased from new November 2017.

How do I find out the average MPG for my car from new please.

The average MPG mileage is only showing from 1,800 miles ago instead of  from new which would only be delivery mileage.

My car has covered 6,500 miles in total.

Thank you in advance for any replies.

Offline SRGTD

• I live here
Re: GTI Average MPG From New
« Reply #1 on: 07 March 2019, 13:14 »
I don’t think you’ll be able to. The fuel computer resets the long term average fuel consumption every 100 hours of driving time. I suspect that your first 4,700 miles represents 100 hours of driving, hence why it reset itself.
2020 Polo GTI Plus; Pure White, DSG (because they all are)
Gone but not forgotten;
2016 Polo GTI; Blue Silk
2011 mk6 Golf GTD; Carbon Grey
2007 mk5 Golf GT (2.0 170bhp TDI version); Deep Black Pearl
2002  mk4 Golf GTI (the 150 bhp diesel version); Deep Black Pearl

Offline Sootchucker

• I live here
« Reply #2 on: 07 March 2019, 13:49 »
As SRGTD said it will re-set automatically.

I know mine is only the 230ps MK 7.5 and is a 6 speed DSG (which is thirstier than the new 7 speed unit), but I just checked my Fuelly account and got this (see below). I've had 3 MK7's now (2 GTD's and the GTI), and to be honest, the penalty hit in fuel isn't as bad as I thought it would be. Also note the best mpg of nearly 47mpg (real) for a journey to London late last year, and as you can see, the GTI can be both fun and frugal !

Added to that, 80% of my journeys are town commuting, I don't think this is too bad. Also, up until 2 fill ups ago, it was showing 36.5mpg, but the town I live and my route to work over the last month has been plagued by roadworks resulting in the last two tanks not being as good as they have been (circa 32-33mpg), whereas I usually a good 3-4 mpg higher.

« Last Edit: 07 March 2019, 13:51 by Sootchucker »
2022 Tiguan R-Line 2.0 TSI 4-Motion. Nightshade blue, pano roof, IQ lights, Nav Pro, Harmon Kardon, Heated Windscreen, Heated rear seats, Wireless charging, Heads up display, dual height boot floor, Keyless with electric tailgate, Electronic TPMS, underbody protection, Area View Cameras

Offline ar899

• Here all the time
« Reply #3 on: 07 March 2019, 13:50 »
Do you keep your bank statements? You 'could' add up how much fuel you have put in, using a rough estimate of how much fuel has cost and get an approx. mpg that way. Well you did ask......