Author Topic: Dead quick tweeter builds  (Read 30160 times)

Offline Bazza

• Not said much yet
WELCOME TO THE DARK SIDE

Offline D16vGti

• GTI forum regular
Re: Dead quick tweeter builds
« Reply #1 on: 24 October 2006, 20:11 »
Quality links mate! will be having a go at some of these when I get paid!  :evil:

Don't question it.....just enjoy it!

Offline ...joe

• Forum Supporter
  • Forum addict
« Reply #2 on: 25 October 2006, 10:24 »
yeah this has given me ideas!
team grumpy....... its a way of life, not a forum post

mail@trimdeluxe.co.uk
www.facebook.com/Trimdeluxe

Offline Godzilla

• I live here
  • <<<VR6 MADNESS>>>
« Reply #3 on: 08 November 2006, 11:36 »
I like  :smiley: Wonder how they sound being housed mid A pillar? Got my tweets at top of A pillars on angle so hitting the headrests. One of the best sounds ive heard.

Offline Gozza

• I live here
« Reply #4 on: 23 December 2006, 12:59 »
That looks great.

If you are lazy like me you can get some free tweeters though from the standard Mark 2 GTI stereo.

All you have to do is remove the covers of the speakers in the dash, then cut the sub part of the speaker off leaving just the middle................ta da free tweeters :D. You dont need any crossovers or anything either  :smug:

Only do this if you have door speakers for the mid etc of course, oh and I am not saying you will win awards for sound quality here but they sound pretty good.

Nothing better than a free mod  :laugh: :kiss:

Offline golfpro

• I live here
  • If in doubt, pay someone else to do it!
« Reply #5 on: 23 December 2006, 13:48 »
Certainly makes it look easy enough. I might have a go on mine at some stage, possibly housing them a little further down the pillar though as the strength of the tweeters in my focals is high enough as it is! Maybe a little trip to the scrappy is in order.

thats the best mk3 ive seen..ever! its just clean and subtle.. :cool:

Offline Dubster2

• I live here
  • Dubs forever!
« Reply #6 on: 11 February 2008, 11:37 »
Great idea, although it depends on how big your A pillars are. I just got a couple from the scrappy, but then realised that it won't work on a mark 2 Golf as they are nowhere near wide enough, part of them are also covered by a rubber seal. The only park that be wide enough is at the bottom and to the inside of them, but of course down there it's too low and the sound will be going across the front of the windscreen toward each other instead of towards you!

Offline Yuley

• GTI forum regular
  • DBP .:R32 :)
« Reply #7 on: 21 October 2008, 18:04 »
this looks awesome, will definately be mounting my tweeter like this when i get my Orion HCCA component set, 16.5's in the doors, tweeters mounted like that. :P will look amazing  :grin: not to mention how it will sound
Mk3 1.4
To
Astravan
To
Mk4 .:R32   Things just got interesting ;)

Offline Xiled50

• Not said much yet
« Reply #8 on: 11 August 2009, 23:36 »
It is a great idea that! I suppose it would work for gauges as well  :huh:

Offline molovin

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #9 on: 03 September 2009, 03:19 »
Ive done this to several of my other cars. But ive ended up painting mine rather than covering in cloth. With the mk2's take the standard ones out and raise them using some ply would and angle them to where you want and use some filler to curve into shape :D