Author Topic: gti v r seats  (Read 1642 times)

Offline glen290

• Not said much yet
gti v r seats
« on: 25 September 2018, 13:39 »
Are there any differences between the seats in the GTi vs the R ?
Really struggling to get comfy in the GTi and long journey's give me massive back ache.

Offline mcmaddy

• Forum addict
Re: gti v r seats
« Reply #1 on: 25 September 2018, 14:53 »
Don't think there are any differences what so ever apart from alcantara on the side bolsters. Are you too upright?
TCR, Pure Grey, DCC, Dynaudio and Climate Screen.

Offline Ryan90GTI

• I live here
« Reply #2 on: 25 September 2018, 16:03 »
I ended up selling my Fiesta ST200 because of the seats - they were so uncomfortable.

Offline glen290

• Not said much yet
« Reply #3 on: 25 September 2018, 16:48 »
Don't think there are any differences what so ever apart from alcantara on the side bolsters. Are you too upright?

I will try leaning back a bit more to see if it makes a difference, otherwise I will be on the hunt for some replacements seats, been looking at sets of mk6 wingbacks, but they are about £2200 on ebay lol

Offline BobbyT

• I live here
  • Housemusic aint for everybody,only the sexy people
« Reply #4 on: 25 September 2018, 18:17 »
Seats are the same as far as I know. The GTI ones look better
BW3 2018... 7.5 Oryx White R Estate, Black mirrors and rails, Dynaudio, Rear Cam, Climate Screen, 90% tints

Offline Guzzle

• I live here
« Reply #5 on: 25 September 2018, 18:24 »
It might not be the seats causing the problem, it could be the position of your steering wheel.

I was able to improve comfort by raising the level of the wheel and bringing it closer towards me.
7.5 GTD

Offline Watts

• Forum addict
« Reply #6 on: 25 September 2018, 21:36 »
Google how to adjust your seats. There are plenty of adjustments and there are some great tips on the net. They are great seats so feel sure you can improve them.
2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.

Was - 2015 Tornado Red 3dr GTI PP, manual, Santiagos, Audi short shifter.

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #7 on: 26 September 2018, 15:09 »
All the Performance models use the same seats (ED40 optional buckets aside) as said previously.

I've found them all very comfortable and the driving position is good in a Golf. It feels like home to me.

There are masses of adjustments between the seat and steering wheel but I have seen a few posts over the years with people genuinely finding it really hard to get comfy in a Golf GTI.
But these are rare occurrences; persevere with it!

I found the old 9N2 Polo GTI the only modern day VW I couldn't get on with. For some reason the clutch action twisted my back slightly which manifested into pain over a period of time. The car had to go in the end despite being one of the most fun cars I've ever owned (REVO'd, bigger wheels, MK5 Golf GTI steering wheel etc) so I returned to Golf ownership (second hand mk5 GTI at the time) and have never looked *back*. (excuse pun)
‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner

Offline glen290

• Not said much yet
« Reply #8 on: 28 September 2018, 10:33 »
Swapped places with the other half last night and let her drive the car for a change.
She instantly noticed a difference between the drivers and passenger seats for support and comfort, I noticed how different the passenger seat was to the drivers, the cars only on 25k, so i can imagine theres much wear on the drivers seat already ?