Author Topic: Speed Camera Audio Notifications  (Read 2653 times)

Offline DTX3

• Not said much yet
Speed Camera Audio Notifications
« on: 15 September 2018, 16:09 »
So I got a subscription to PocketGPS and downloaded and installed the speed cameras via the Car-Net website. However there is no option to add the audio files for the notification when approaching a POI. Has anyone been able to get around this and add the audio?

Offline itavaltalainen

• I live here
  • VCDS and VCP - fault codes, coding, VIM activation
Re: Speed Camera Audio Notifications
« Reply #1 on: 15 September 2018, 17:19 »
I managed this when importing them on the VW website, it gave you an option to enable audible warning.
2019 Seat Leon ST FR DSG 135kW - eclipse orange - 23k miles

Offline mcmaddy

• Forum addict
« Reply #2 on: 15 September 2018, 19:21 »
I've got audio notifications on mine but I loaded my speedcams via SD card. To be honest the bong is crap and annoying so I turn it off anyway.
TCR, Pure Grey, DCC, Dynaudio and Climate Screen.

Offline DTX3

• Not said much yet
« Reply #3 on: 16 September 2018, 20:34 »
I've got audio notifications on mine but I loaded my speedcams via SD card. To be honest the bong is crap and annoying so I turn it off anyway.

You couldn't take a screenshot of how you have added them to the SD card? I've got mp3 files but not sure which folder to add them to. Cheers mate

Offline mcmaddy

• Forum addict
« Reply #4 on: 16 September 2018, 21:25 »
I think it's embedded into the file. I get my cam file from someone else so I haven't a clue how it's constructed. As mentioned your really not missing anything by having the bong. It's not worth bothering with really.
TCR, Pure Grey, DCC, Dynaudio and Climate Screen.

Offline Sootchucker

• I live here
« Reply #5 on: 19 September 2018, 08:44 »
Would have been much better if on the VW website where you used to be able to construct your speed cam packages, if you could have add a .wav file to each camera set that rather than the annoying "bong", could have said something like "Warning - speed camera ahead".

Like McMaddy said, you are not really missing anything, and TBH if you have the SPECS cameras on like I do (the variable speed cameras on motorways for example), it gets really annoying as it keeps muting the audio every time you approach one. Next time I update the cams, I'll go the Car-Net route and be happy that it doesn't have the annoying bongs.
2022 Tiguan R-Line 2.0 TSI 4-Motion. Nightshade blue, pano roof, IQ lights, Nav Pro, Harmon Kardon, Heated Windscreen, Heated rear seats, Wireless charging, Heads up display, dual height boot floor, Keyless with electric tailgate, Electronic TPMS, underbody protection, Area View Cameras

Offline fredgroves

• Serious forum addict
  • Professional Um Bongo drinker
« Reply #6 on: 19 September 2018, 09:06 »
All I will say, is if you have AppConnect, use Waze and set it to only alert if you are exceeding the speed limit approaching a camera.... then you only get warned about cameras likely to nail you...
Current: Mk8 GTI DSG, Adelaides, DCC, HUD, HK, Winter Pack, Rear Camera.. Aka "HMS Weasel"

Gone: 2017 Mk7.5 GTD,manual, NavPro
Gone: 2014 Mk7 GTD, manual, NavPro, DCC

Offline Sootchucker

• I live here
« Reply #7 on: 19 September 2018, 10:25 »
Fred, I do use Waze occasionally and it is good, and I'd use it all the time if it was available in the AID screen rather than just on the head unit.
2022 Tiguan R-Line 2.0 TSI 4-Motion. Nightshade blue, pano roof, IQ lights, Nav Pro, Harmon Kardon, Heated Windscreen, Heated rear seats, Wireless charging, Heads up display, dual height boot floor, Keyless with electric tailgate, Electronic TPMS, underbody protection, Area View Cameras

Offline fredgroves

• Serious forum addict
  • Professional Um Bongo drinker
« Reply #8 on: 19 September 2018, 11:31 »
You don't really need it on the AID...

Plus... once you have started Android Auto and have it running, you are free to use anything else on the main screen... it will still warn you about hazards by voice from the background. You don't need navigation active for it to warn you!

I leave it running all of the time, sometimes in the background... just having the hazard alert is great.
Current: Mk8 GTI DSG, Adelaides, DCC, HUD, HK, Winter Pack, Rear Camera.. Aka "HMS Weasel"

Gone: 2017 Mk7.5 GTD,manual, NavPro
Gone: 2014 Mk7 GTD, manual, NavPro, DCC

Offline DTX3

• Not said much yet
« Reply #9 on: 19 September 2018, 22:24 »
I'm just a bit paranoid now since I had to do a speed awareness course recently. So any "bong" or warning I'll take it, as annoying as it may be ;)