Author Topic: new member  (Read 893 times)

Offline roach3

• Not said much yet
« on: 01 July 2018, 21:52 »
hi new member here and hoping you can help me out with some strange goings on on my golf gtd ive recently purchased.

so ive had this car a month its a 16 reg with 17k on the clock and im loving it.
but for no reason i can see the keyless entry no longer works.
i can unlock it with the buttons on the keyfob and it will also unlock if i hold the keyfob in one hand and just touch the door handle with the other hand but a couple of days ago it unlocked just by being near the car.
i thought it maybe the battery although vw put one in 9 days ago while i was having the cruise control box in the front bumper re-calibrated.
i then tried the other key and thats exactly the same.
then today ive noticed the drivers side window wont auto down or up.
that definately worked ok aswell but no more, it will only go up and down in increments, the passenger side is fine though.

ive been through all the settings and reset the window settings to factory default to no avail and as for the keyless problem ive run out of ideas.

Any ideas how these two issues have manifested in the space of two days before i have to book it in again at vw?

many thanks

edit: just realised this maybe in the wrong section apologies and feel free to move or delete
« Last Edit: 01 July 2018, 22:29 by roach3 »