Author Topic: Bug smears  (Read 4383 times)

Offline Watts

• Forum addict
Re: Bug smears
« Reply #10 on: 06 July 2018, 11:53 »
Getting up close and personal with the paint Mike is a double edged sword - it does help you to spot any issues more quickly but it also lets you see the car's faults. Sometimes I really wish I didn't look so closely. Bliss is admiring your just washed and waxed car from a few feet away, just far enough for chips and scratches to blend in :laugh:
2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.

Was - 2015 Tornado Red 3dr GTI PP, manual, Santiagos, Audi short shifter.

Offline deltarikk

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #11 on: 06 July 2018, 14:33 »
Amen to that Watts!  :laugh:

Offline dubber36

• Forum addict
« Reply #12 on: 07 July 2018, 08:31 »
Back to bugs, my truck is covered in them. Having been sat it the sun, they are well and truely baked on. Last night my Mrs decided to use the windscreen washers, which didn't end well. As one keen to try whatever product I have in my armory for something other than was intended, I sprayed on some 1:10 diluted Pro-Green cycle wash. left it a couple of minutes, then used the windscreen washers to wash it off. Brilliant. Virtually every bug and smear gone in no time with no scrubbing.

Best to keep it off the paintwork though, as it will strip your wax straight off. Having said that, as one of the first stages of a deep clean, that would be a good thing.
Red Mk6 gone replaced with a white Mk7 which has gone too. Green Mk2 here to stay.