Author Topic: DTUK Tuning Box Bluetooth  (Read 1440 times)

Offline MjrSharpe

• Here all the time
DTUK Tuning Box Bluetooth
« on: 13 June 2018, 11:19 »
Hi all. I had a boost sensor fault code and epc issues with my car a few weeks ago. It turns out the problem was the wiring harness of the DTUK box. I contacted them and they replaced it with a new unit within two days, so I was more than happy with the service. I was also offered the chance to upgrade to the newer unit with bluetooth control at the same time, which I was more than happy to do. The unit itself is the same, but the harness no longer has the 12v connection. The app is great and works really well. I know it's not hard to change the box from the engine bay, but being able to alter it from in the car is even handier. If anyone is considering a DTUK I would put the extra to it for the bluetooth module.
2016 GTI - Tornado Red, M52 remap, DTUK Pedal box, dv+, racingline turbo elbow, forge turbo muffler delete, racingline springs, racingline stage 2 BBK, novus 0.1 wheels, injen induction kit ,st rear anti roll bar, TT short shift, 034 motorsports dogbone upper / lower inserts, sachs organic clutch, custom stainless steel exhaust, res delete, leyo bezels, oettinger rear spoiler, maxton splitter, golf r rear lights

Offline kelvyn29

• Not said much yet
Re: DTUK Tuning Box Bluetooth
« Reply #1 on: 14 June 2018, 12:55 »
Hi all. I had a boost sensor fault code and epc issues with my car a few weeks ago. It turns out the problem was the wiring harness of the DTUK box. I contacted them and they replaced it with a new unit within two days, so I was more than happy with the service. I was also offered the chance to upgrade to the newer unit with bluetooth control at the same time, which I was more than happy to do. The unit itself is the same, but the harness no longer has the 12v connection. The app is great and works really well. I know it's not hard to change the box from the engine bay, but being able to alter it from in the car is even handier. If anyone is considering a DTUK I would put the extra to it for the bluetooth module.

Interesting, how doe the box now gets its power if no 12v power needed?

Offline MjrSharpe

• Here all the time
« Reply #2 on: 14 June 2018, 16:30 »
To the best of my knowledge it draws it from the sensors which it connects to. I think they run with a 5v reference.
2016 GTI - Tornado Red, M52 remap, DTUK Pedal box, dv+, racingline turbo elbow, forge turbo muffler delete, racingline springs, racingline stage 2 BBK, novus 0.1 wheels, injen induction kit ,st rear anti roll bar, TT short shift, 034 motorsports dogbone upper / lower inserts, sachs organic clutch, custom stainless steel exhaust, res delete, leyo bezels, oettinger rear spoiler, maxton splitter, golf r rear lights

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #3 on: 17 June 2018, 11:37 »
The lack of 12v power cable is a welcome improvement.
‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner