Author Topic: My GTI is gone, but new car arrived today...  (Read 7161 times)

Offline SRGTD

• I live here
Re: My GTI is gone, but new car arrived today...
« Reply #10 on: 05 June 2018, 23:03 »
Discovered earlier - no under seat storage drawers?! Kept my ice scraper in there  :rolleyes:

Sootchucker discovered this and I believe he fitted the under seat drawers from his mk7 GTD into his new mk7.5 GTI
2020 Polo GTI Plus; Pure White, DSG (because they all are)
Gone but not forgotten;
2016 Polo GTI; Blue Silk
2011 mk6 Golf GTD; Carbon Grey
2007 mk5 Golf GT (2.0 170bhp TDI version); Deep Black Pearl
2002  mk4 Golf GTI (the 150 bhp diesel version); Deep Black Pearl

Offline scanesare

• I live here
  • GTI Clubsport
« Reply #11 on: 06 June 2018, 11:30 »
Both 7.5 PP and both DSG? If so in what way does the car feel different? Plain curiosity

Previous was std with 6-DSG and this one Performance with 7-DSG.

I’ll wait to comment properly although I know a previous thread did the same comparison.

Intially though the car feels much light, steering even in sport doesn’t seem as weighty. No DSG farts so missing those already but more engine and exhaust noise and less fake noise in the cabin (even in sport).

I see, interesting. So the DSG7 comes with the PP exclusively? I thought it was the default (and only) DSG option in the 7.5.

No idea why you lost your farts  :tongue: but this has to do with the ECU map rather than the box (considering they are both DSG), and I would not think the PP has a less aggressive map than the non-PP, weird...

I still think I'd exploit the chance of having to change cars to sample an R though, second 7.5 GTI in a row shows some commitment!

Offline clarky92

• Here all the time
« Reply #12 on: 06 June 2018, 13:00 »
Stunning mate absolutely love that colour

How you finding the PP upgrades so far?  The gearbox just gets better and faster with more miles  :smiley:

Just those dsg farts missing but the exhaust is way louder and has proper growl to it once it beds in  :cool:
Currently: MK8 GTI Clubsport - DCC - Reflex Silver - Adelaide 19"s - Rear Camera

Previous: 3x MK7.5 GTI Performance Pack

Offline mcmaddy

• Forum addict
« Reply #13 on: 06 June 2018, 13:58 »
I'm obviously biased but Tungsten is the best colour.
TCR, Pure Grey, DCC, Dynaudio and Climate Screen.

Offline Sootchucker

• I live here
« Reply #14 on: 06 June 2018, 15:43 »
AS McMaddy said, underseat drawers it seems were deleted mid/late 2017. I have indeed added them (and it's a piece of pi55), took me all of 20 minutes each side and hides that horrible gap.

In the end I didn't strip them off the GTD, as my dealer supplied a new set for me (as I said I'd fit them).
2022 Tiguan R-Line 2.0 TSI 4-Motion. Nightshade blue, pano roof, IQ lights, Nav Pro, Harmon Kardon, Heated Windscreen, Heated rear seats, Wireless charging, Heads up display, dual height boot floor, Keyless with electric tailgate, Electronic TPMS, underbody protection, Area View Cameras

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #15 on: 06 June 2018, 15:53 »
I'm obviously biased but Tungsten is the best colour.

Biased you may be but it’s a fact!  :laugh: :cool:
‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner

Offline Dunc245

• Not said much yet
« Reply #16 on: 06 June 2018, 18:21 »
AS McMaddy said, underseat drawers it seems were deleted mid/late 2017. I have indeed added them (and it's a piece of pi55), took me all of 20 minutes each side and hides that horrible gap.

In the end I didn't strip them off the GTD, as my dealer supplied a new set for me (as I said I'd fit them).

Hi. I am luck chap colleting my new car on Sat. My mk6 has drawers, and woudl like them on the GTI. Do you happen to know the part numbers for them etc? And were they expensive (if you don't mind me asking)?

GTI PP 245; Atlantic Blue, Art Velours, Climate windscreen, KSS, genuine 18" Black Pretoria.

Offline Sootchucker

• I live here
« Reply #17 on: 06 June 2018, 19:05 »
I’ve got the prices and part numbers at work bud, so I’ll post tomorrow.
2022 Tiguan R-Line 2.0 TSI 4-Motion. Nightshade blue, pano roof, IQ lights, Nav Pro, Harmon Kardon, Heated Windscreen, Heated rear seats, Wireless charging, Heads up display, dual height boot floor, Keyless with electric tailgate, Electronic TPMS, underbody protection, Area View Cameras

Offline Jim_mk7.5

• I live here
« Reply #18 on: 06 June 2018, 21:08 »
I’ve got the prices and part numbers at work bud, so I’ll post tomorrow.

I’d be interested to get a price. Feel like VW need a email asking where they’ve gone!

NOW - 330e M Sport
GONE - 2018 Mk7.5 GTI Performance 5dr DSG, Tungsten Silver, 2017 Mk7.5 GTI 5dr DSG, Indium Grey

Offline Jim_mk7.5

• I live here
« Reply #19 on: 06 June 2018, 21:10 »
Will be doing full clean at some point this weekend but managed to fit the footrest I ordered the other week  :smiley:

NOW - 330e M Sport
GONE - 2018 Mk7.5 GTI Performance 5dr DSG, Tungsten Silver, 2017 Mk7.5 GTI 5dr DSG, Indium Grey