Author Topic: OBD11 Torque Restriction question  (Read 6431 times)

Offline mcmaddy

• Forum addict
Re: OBD11 Torque Restriction question
« Reply #20 on: 06 June 2018, 09:38 »
Fred it wasn't you that the post was for. It was the other rather rude response about doing "a perfect install".
TCR, Pure Grey, DCC, Dynaudio and Climate Screen.

Offline Jeni_R_

• Here all the time
« Reply #21 on: 06 June 2018, 09:44 »
For the sake of £125 I’d rather not lose the best part of a day and guarantee a perfect install but good luck!

And its probably a MAX 2 hour install time, the equivalent of doing the housework or a 10mile run.......i know what i would prefer to be doing  :wink:

Offline fredgroves

• Serious forum addict
  • Professional Um Bongo drinker
« Reply #22 on: 06 June 2018, 10:03 »
My only word of caution with regard to not having a spare is that some recovery companies get shirty if you have a puncture (that you can't repair with the foam thing) and will charge you for recovery...

I know some cars don't have spares (my previous Mondeo didn't because I had huge drug dealer wheels on it) but it didn't matter because it was a company vehicle and any problems were paid for by the company...

Just be aware and check your breakdown cover...

my previous Mondeo didn't because I had huge drug dealer wheels on it)  :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

This made me chuckle - i have now decided you are not as old as i assumed !

That was my son's name for them and it kind of stuck!
Current: Mk8 GTI DSG, Adelaides, DCC, HUD, HK, Winter Pack, Rear Camera.. Aka "HMS Weasel"

Gone: 2017 Mk7.5 GTD,manual, NavPro
Gone: 2014 Mk7 GTD, manual, NavPro, DCC

Offline hog_hedge

• I live here
« Reply #23 on: 06 June 2018, 10:21 »
And how do you know Jeni won't do a perfect install? Do you seriously think a dealer will do a perfect install?

You’ve gone from 0-100mph in 2 seconds again :grin:

It was just my opinion buddy and what I would do in the situation, never mentioned the ability of a stranger on the internet because it would be rude to comment on something I don’t know about. I know and trust my dealer, if you don’t trust yours then I’d suggest moving to another.

Jen, no offence intended. I have a track record of snapping clips so it was just what I would do in the situation. Like it said in my post, I genuinely wish you good luck and hope it goes well.

Offline Jeni_R_

• Here all the time
« Reply #24 on: 06 June 2018, 10:41 »
And how do you know Jeni won't do a perfect install? Do you seriously think a dealer will do a perfect install?

You’ve gone from 0-100mph in 2 seconds again :grin:

It was just my opinion buddy and what I would do in the situation, never mentioned the ability of a stranger on the internet because it would be rude to comment on something I don’t know about. I know and trust my dealer, if you don’t trust yours then I’d suggest moving to another.

Jen, no offence intended. I have a track record of snapping clips so it was just what I would do in the situation. Like it said in my post, I genuinely wish you good luck and hope it goes well.

None taken dude  :wink:

Offline hog_hedge

• I live here
« Reply #25 on: 06 June 2018, 13:33 »
For the sake of £125 I’d rather not lose the best part of a day and guarantee a perfect install but good luck!

And its probably a MAX 2 hour install time, the equivalent of doing the housework or a 10mile run.......i know what i would prefer to be doing  :wink:

I’d rather go for a 2 hour run :grin:

Offline mcmaddy

• Forum addict
« Reply #26 on: 06 June 2018, 13:52 »
To be honest the modern latest clips seem to last a bit longer than before especially if you use a trim removal tool.

Offline Jeni_R_

• Here all the time
« Reply #27 on: 06 June 2018, 14:19 »

I’d rather go for a 2 hour run :grin:

If im lucky al manage both  :wink:

Offline mcmaddy

• Forum addict
« Reply #28 on: 06 June 2018, 14:45 »
I'm sure it'll all go perfectly  :wink:

Offline Jeni_R_

• Here all the time
« Reply #29 on: 09 June 2018, 18:12 »
I'm sure it'll all go perfectly  :wink:

Total instal timenof 1hour 45mins no broken clips no led issues and all sounds fkn fabulous app connect installed AND my rear squeek issue resolved....happy days

Any of u lads want ur sub installed with no broken clips and a perfect job start to finish give me a shout 😉