Author Topic: Clubsport GTI Diffuser On A MK7 GTD?  (Read 3259 times)

Offline JHWP

• Not said much yet
Clubsport GTI Diffuser On A MK7 GTD?
« on: 14 February 2018, 16:35 »
Hi,

Can anyone confirm if a Clubsport GTI rear diffuser (part numbers 5G6807568AF041 - rear diffuser and 5G0807531B041 - smaller centre piece/Underrun Bar) will fit a MK7 GTD and if so will it fit without the need for additional parts and/or modifications?

I want to fit a Clubsport GTI rear diffuser to my MK7 GTD together with a new custom exhaust which will be made in the same style as a MK7 GTI exhaust - two single, round exhaust outlet/tips, one on the left and one on the right of the rear of the vehicle. I did ask my local Volkswagen dealer if it will fit and they asked Volkswagen directly but Volkswagen would not confirm if it would fit or not as they said "you would be fitting a part not intended for that vehicle”...

If anyone can't confirm if it will fit a MK7 GTD but can confirm that it will fit a MK7 GTI then please say. I believe the MK7 GTI and MK7 GTD use the same rear bumper and the GTI rear diffuser is a direct fit to the MK7 GTD without the need for any modifications or additional parts required?

Thanks  :smiley:

Offline dave7268

• GTI forum regular
Re: Clubsport GTI Diffuser On A MK7 GTD?
« Reply #1 on: 14 February 2018, 17:59 »
Yes, it should do.

I had one fitted to my MK7 GTI PP. No fitment issues whatsoever, no additional parts needed, just a straight swap.

See post: http://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=259354.msg2544140#msg2544140
7GTI PP DSG - no longer

Offline JHWP

• Not said much yet
« Reply #2 on: 14 February 2018, 21:03 »
Ah perfect, this is the type of info I was after, thanks. I believe that the MK7 GTI rear diffuser is a straight fit to a MK7 GTD bumper too - can anybody confirm this? If so, while not an absolute guarantee, it would be close enough to place the order for one. I need to be sure that it will fit as I've been told Volkswagen do not accept returns on body parts and it's not exactly cheap at €250...
Checked out the link to your car, looks well. Where did you buy yours? I've priced mine up with my local VW dealer already and it's in stock too so no issue with availability. There are a few sites selling online slightly cheaper but when shipping is added it comes in at the same price pretty much so I'll just stick with my dealer for this.

Offline dave7268

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #3 on: 15 February 2018, 19:46 »
I got mine from Kunzmann.de when it first came out as no local dealer could get hold of one for me.

I ended up paying (online) £230 incl. of P&P and it was delivered in a matter of days. May be a bit more expensive than that now??

Glad I could help  :smiley:
7GTI PP DSG - no longer

Offline JHWP

• Not said much yet
« Reply #4 on: 16 February 2018, 11:16 »
I got mine from Kunzmann.de when it first came out as no local dealer could get hold of one for me.

I ended up paying (online) £230 incl. of P&P and it was delivered in a matter of days. May be a bit more expensive than that now??

Glad I could help  :smiley:

Nice one thanks.