Author Topic: Fuel Consumption - 20MPG ???!!! on 7.5  (Read 6007 times)

Offline I wanted a GTi

• I live here
Re: Fuel Consumption - 20MPG ???!!! on 7.5
« Reply #20 on: 01 December 2017, 12:16 »
My MPG seems to have settled at 35 mpg.

35?!?!, how do you drive?. What is your avarage speed?..  :smiley:
... well I was pulled over by the police about a month ago. They accused me of speeding. I told them I wasn't speeding. They agreed and let me go. :shocked:

I stick to the speed limits. Though I sometimes get there at full throttle. Which is why I was accused of speeding. Because the unmarked police that pulled in behind me was speeding to catch up. I think it was just regular police and not traffic cops. They even started off by accusing me of weaving in and out of traffic. My dash cam would have proved that I had been in the same lane for well over a mile. :angry:

Very short version -

I accelerated full throttle on a short dual carriageway between two roundabouts. Mr Plod - we followed you at 80mph. Me - I wasn't doing 80, I was doing 75, my statnav says that's 70. Mr Plod: thank you Daz Auto, bye bye.

Nice one Daz, don't let them walk on you.
5 door GTD in night blue collected 1/3/17

Offline Watts

• Forum addict
« Reply #21 on: 01 December 2017, 13:00 »
My PP gives around 33 on a 5.5 mile commute in the summer but at the moment with the cold weather it's more 26 - 27. My commute though is relatively traffic free due to shift times with few stops so I can easily see 20 or less being possible in stop start traffic.
2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.

Was - 2015 Tornado Red 3dr GTI PP, manual, Santiagos, Audi short shifter.

Offline Arnold_Lane

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #22 on: 05 December 2017, 19:10 »
I've also been a 'tad' disappointed with the fuel consumption of my 7.5 GTi PP dsg (5 dr - sure it must make a difference), that has now done 2.5K miles.

Was expecting (hoping) for mid to high 30's with a few low 40's trips if I took it easy, but in reality I'm averaging 32.5 mpg (car readout, not calculation), though managed nearly 37 mpg during a reasonably spirited drive home from north Wales today (indicated 80 mph or so, plus a few bursts of acceleration to clear slow moving traffic / kn*bheads.)

Previous Polo Blue GT would easily see (indicated) 47 - 50 mpg on moderately spirited drives and A6 Allroad managed 39.5 mpg on same journey as today (it also has 245 hp & dsg, but has V6 diesel).

Having said all that, the Gti PP is fulfilling my needs exactly as a comfortable (DCC fitted), swift and smooth everyday car, so I'm not too bothered about mpg.

SOLD - 67 Golf GTi PP, 5dr, DSG in Issac Blue with rear camera, keyless entry, Dynaudio, Brescia alloys & DCC.

Offline mcmaddy

• Forum addict
« Reply #23 on: 05 December 2017, 19:17 »
I've done 10k miles in my manual GTi pp and my long term average is 33. Been on a few long runs but that's mostly back and forward to work which is 6 miles each way. I'm happy with mpg and didn't for one minute think I'd get high 30s. Not really sure why anyone would expect high 30s except on a long run.
TCR, Pure Grey, DCC, Dynaudio and Climate Screen.

Offline fredgroves

• Serious forum addict
  • Professional Um Bongo drinker
« Reply #24 on: 05 December 2017, 19:25 »
I'd say getting anywhere near 40mpg from a large hatchback with a two litre turbo petrol engine, dsg and 245bhp is nothing short of a technical miracle... But others may disagree
Current: Mk8 GTI DSG, Adelaides, DCC, HUD, HK, Winter Pack, Rear Camera.. Aka "HMS Weasel"

Gone: 2017 Mk7.5 GTD,manual, NavPro
Gone: 2014 Mk7 GTD, manual, NavPro, DCC

Offline mark64uk

• Not said much yet
« Reply #25 on: 05 December 2017, 23:29 »
I've just done a Manchester to Southampton round trip and i was getting 39.2 MPG cars got about 1500 miles on it.

Offline Wide

• I live here
« Reply #26 on: 06 December 2017, 06:57 »
My MPG seems to have settled at 35 mpg.

35?!?!, how do you drive?. What is your avarage speed?..  :smiley:
... well I was pulled over by the police about a month ago. They accused me of speeding. I told them I wasn't speeding. They agreed and let me go. :shocked:

I stick to the speed limits. Though I sometimes get there at full throttle. Which is why I was accused of speeding. Because the unmarked police that pulled in behind me was speeding to catch up. I think it was just regular police and not traffic cops. They even started off by accusing me of weaving in and out of traffic. My dash cam would have proved that I had been in the same lane for well over a mile. :angry:

Very short version -

I accelerated full throttle on a short dual carriageway between two roundabouts. Mr Plod - we followed you at 80mph. Me - I wasn't doing 80, I was doing 75, my statnav says that's 70. Mr Plod: thank you Daz Auto, bye bye.

What is your avarage speed on the board computer? :):smiley:
My Youtube Channel ** MK8 R and MK7.5 GTI PP**
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOQb17Kro9L-iuT91cKxsjA
And My INSTAGRAM FaceliftGT
https://www.instagram.com/p/CHKNpaNHog_/

Offline Daz Auto

• I live here
  • Other brands of washing powder are available.
« Reply #27 on: 07 December 2017, 12:09 »
Long term: 36mph

Why?

10/8/2017 - GTI Performance, Red,5dr DS

Offline maxie

• Here all the time
« Reply #28 on: 07 December 2017, 12:25 »
i've just done a run around town a bit of dual carridge way and i was at 30mpg in eco mode :) 13mile trip :)

Offline Wide

• I live here
« Reply #29 on: 07 December 2017, 12:32 »
Long term: 36mph

Why?

It is easy to get a better mpg if you have a higher average speed. But yours is not so high.. But mine is only 25mph...
My Youtube Channel ** MK8 R and MK7.5 GTI PP**
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOQb17Kro9L-iuT91cKxsjA
And My INSTAGRAM FaceliftGT
https://www.instagram.com/p/CHKNpaNHog_/