Author Topic: Fallout removers  (Read 6100 times)

Offline Jeni_R_

• Here all the time
Fallout removers
« on: 08 October 2017, 19:32 »
Recommendations please and purpose of same

I have lots of wee rust spots on the white paint i believe this is the stuff i need to remove these ?  Do i require to ckay bar afterwards and wax or fallout wash and go ?

Thanks as always all  :kiss:

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
Re: Fallout removers
« Reply #1 on: 08 October 2017, 19:49 »

I have lots of wee rust spots on the white paint i believe this is the stuff i need to remove these ?  Do i require to ckay bar afterwards and wax or fallout wash and go ?

CarPro Iron X is very good, but tbh they are all much of a muchness.  CarPro Iron X, Auto Finesse Iron Out, Bilt Hamber Korrosol, to name but a few. Iron/fallout remover will turn purple on contact with iron deposited that normal washing cannot remove as they are embedded into the paint.

You might also need to de-tar it as some there may be tar spots, which again get embedded into the paint and won't wash away.  Look at Autosmart Tardis, Auto Finesse OblTARate, CarPro Tar X for that job.

Always carry out decontamination (de-iron, de-tar) on a clean car.  For both stages it's spray on with the product, allow to dwell for 5 mins, gently agitate with a cloth if needs be, then rinse off.  This should remove most embedded contaminant but if any remaining then you might want to clay the car, although this stage is best followed by a hand or DA polish to remove possible clay marring. 

A useful thing to do before and after these stages is the sandwich bag test.  After thoroughly washing the car, pop a plastic sandwich bag over your hand and run fingers over panels, wheels and you'll feel any rough embedded stuff as the plastic emphasises it. Then do your decon, then do the sandwich bag test again, and you should feel a big difference, if contaminants are removed, the paintworks/alloys should feel glassy smooth to the touch.
« Last Edit: 08 October 2017, 19:55 by Booth11 »
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

https://www.flickr.com/photos/booth11

Offline Jeni_R_

• Here all the time
« Reply #2 on: 08 October 2017, 20:16 »

CarPro Iron X is very good, but tbh they are all much of a muchness.  CarPro Iron X, Auto Finesse Iron Out, Bilt Hamber Korrosol, to name but a few. Iron/fallout remover will turn purple on contact with iron deposited that normal washing cannot remove as they are embedded into the paint.

You might also need to de-tar it as some there may be tar spots, which again get embedded into the paint and won't wash away.  Look at Autosmart Tardis, Auto Finesse OblTARate, CarPro Tar X for that job.

Always carry out decontamination (de-iron, de-tar) on a clean car.  For both stages it's spray on with the product, allow to dwell for 5 mins, gently agitate with a cloth if needs be, then rinse off.  This should remove most embedded contaminant but if any remaining then you might want to clay the car, although this stage is best followed by a hand or DA polish to remove possible clay marring. 

A useful thing to do before and after these stages is the sandwich bag test.  After thoroughly washing the car, pop a plastic sandwich bag over your hand and run fingers over panels, wheels and you'll feel any rough embedded stuff as the plastic emphasises it. Then do your decon, then do the sandwich bag test again, and you should feel a big difference, if contaminants are removed, the paintworks/alloys should feel glassy smooth to the touch.

FAB Rebecca as always

Will plan this for next weekend ur a star x

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #3 on: 08 October 2017, 20:33 »

FAB Rebecca as always

Be aware Jeni that decontaminating a car strips all protection from it, so you'll need to re wax/seal both bodywork and wheels afterwards.
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

https://www.flickr.com/photos/booth11

Offline Jeni_R_

• Here all the time
« Reply #4 on: 08 October 2017, 20:34 »

FAB Rebecca as always

Be aware Jeni that decontaminating a car strips all protection from it, so you'll need to re wax/seal both bodywork and wheels afterwards.

Thats what i thought she will get the works before winter x

Offline 7MAT

• Forum Supporter
  • GTI forum regular
« Reply #5 on: 16 October 2017, 11:58 »
The best way to use any fallout remover and the only way guaranteed to remove all iron deposit including inorganic and organic contamination is to clay at the same time.

We produce a chemical resistant clay bar which can be used with our iron remover (in place of clay lube), saves time and has been proven to remove more than just iron removers on its own.

Available here;
https://www.britemax-direct.co.uk/full-britemax-decontamination-kit-c2x22633013

MK7.5 Golf GTI Performance, 3 door, Issac Blue, DCC, Manual. Racingline Stage 1 OEM+, Remus Exhaust system, Sache Performance Clutch.