Author Topic: Active Info Display - Any user feedback?  (Read 7138 times)

Offline juicelow

• Not said much yet
Active Info Display - Any user feedback?
« on: 20 April 2017, 13:05 »
Hi all..........waiting impatiently for my new 7,5 GTI PP due to arrive in June....its coming with the AID.
Would be interesting to hear any feedback from users, any teething problems? positives & negatives.
Thanks in advance.

Offline jv

• Administrator
  • Serious forum addict
Re: Active Info Display - Any user feedback?
« Reply #1 on: 21 April 2017, 17:13 »
It's got wow factor, for sure. After driving with it for a day, I got in a car with the 'old way' and at first glance it looks instantly dated. Having said that, I am not a big fan. VW haven't provided that many display options - when you consider you could do theoretically anything with it.

I would love a mixed dash - lots of screen but still analogue items. A big analogue rev counter, a clear white on black digital speed display (as on the mk7) then the rest given over to navigation or whatever else. Sounds a bit Porsche though doesn't it?!
Buy site stuff!
GolfGTI.co.uk - merchandise

Support the forum charity!
Forum Charity

Offline juicelow

• Not said much yet
« Reply #2 on: 21 April 2017, 21:16 »
Actually I didn't spec the AID....it comes standard with the PP gti here in Denmark...if it wasn't free of charge I would not have specced it, I actually like the anologue cluster....I think somehow it suits a hot hatch better.....I know everyone says it will be essential come re-sale but actually I am not planning on selling this car...EVER! this is my dream car which I have saved and planned for over years and it's going to be a keeper...(if you guys had an idea what I had to pay for this car in Denmark you would understand):cry:
My main reason for keeping the AID is I have specced disc pro which I think will work well with the AID.
I know in the U.K. The AID comes standard on the GTI...it would be interesting to know if anyone has actually un-specced the AID in favour of the anologue.
Interesting to see on the seat cupra site everyone is going stir crazy in anticipation for the AID launch on the Leon cupra so it obviously has some fans.

Anyway....can't wait for delivery day, pp gti, dark iron blue, manual shift. With all the trimmings  :laugh:
« Last Edit: 21 April 2017, 21:18 by juicelow »

Offline Rhyso

• Global Moderator
  • Sir Postalot
« Reply #3 on: 21 April 2017, 21:20 »
It's got wow factor, for sure. After driving with it for a day, I got in a car with the 'old way' and at first glance it looks instantly dated. Having said that, I am not a big fan. VW haven't provided that many display options - when you consider you could do theoretically anything with it.

I would love a mixed dash - lots of screen but still analogue items. A big analogue rev counter, a clear white on black digital speed display (as on the mk7) then the rest given over to navigation or whatever else. Sounds a bit Porsche though doesn't it?!

So 2011......

:laugh: :laugh:

« Last Edit: 22 April 2017, 09:12 by Rhyso »

Offline jv

• Administrator
  • Serious forum addict
« Reply #4 on: 22 April 2017, 14:01 »
That's more like it, but with proper 3D map navigation on the screen  :tongue:
Buy site stuff!
GolfGTI.co.uk - merchandise

Support the forum charity!
Forum Charity

Offline Rhyso

• Global Moderator
  • Sir Postalot
« Reply #5 on: 22 April 2017, 16:09 »
That's more like it, but with proper 3D map navigation on the screen  :tongue:

That's 2015 tech...... I can't afford that  :grin: