Author Topic: Clubsport Edition 40 and Clubsport S build numbers (and car photos)  (Read 142061 times)

Offline andy28

• Here all the time
I know what you mean of course  :grin: don't mean to be annoying :grin:

I'm a big fan of Clubsports, I actually bought one last year, paid deposit, financed arranged, but I cancelled it after giving it more thought, only due to the money it was going to cost, but I often regret that decision.

It was a white 3 door,black roof, leather,  from a VW dealer in Wigan

Don't worry mate, I don't think you're annoying anyone! And I did genuinely look into it all including even fitting a wavetrac LSD.

Photos will have to wait now as I've been driving it around the countryside for the last hour and a few things have died on the front  :-( Great fun though!
GTI Clubsport Edition 40
#301 and then #190

Offline Jeff Wood

• GTI forum regular
cool...look forward to seeing the pics  :smiley:
2018 Golf GTI. 3 Door. DSG. Tornado Red.
Eibach Pro Kit. OZ Hyper GT HLT Wheels. (18x8, ET50).
Forge 11mm spacers on rear wheels. 5mm on fronts.

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
You're right...it would be better than a clubsport.

Lighter weight, better brakes, better handling, faster :)

:grin: :grin: :grin: good answer!
‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
Wow!  :cool:  ^^^^

There seem to be quite a few for sale, I was surprised to see Volkswizard advertise his own Clubsport S, is the UP GTi really that good? 

My son has the same engine in an Ibiza FR.
It’s nippy and fun plus has the MQB chassis which is leagues ahead of an up! chassis.

The up! GTI is probably a more useable fun package than a Clubsport S if you’re just using it as a road car in normal conditions and don’t expect to be taking all comers from the lights.
The up! GTI has massive limitations though.
But it’s cheap and fun and does 45mpg without trying.

Andrew (volkswizard) is a car dealer and journo so probably doesn’t get attached to cars.
He has a highly modded Ed30 for track use and the up! GTI for a daily. Plus a good few more cars in the garage.
It’s probably just a case of “up for sale at the right price, but if not...”

Just to add to that.
According to VW Driver mag Mr Volkwizard Chapple has two up! GTI’s ordered.
‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner

Offline Snoopy

• Serious forum addict
  • Geoff.
Iirc in one of his videos he says hes selling the white one on order.
Mk6 GTI  &  Mk1 GTI 
34 years of GTI ownership.

Offline clubsport

• I live here
With a relatively low base price, I am surprised there is enough margin to make it worthwhile to flip an Up GTi ?

Offline andy28

• Here all the time
I parked up at a client today and managed to take a quick picture. Loving the car so far!

GTI Clubsport Edition 40
#301 and then #190

Offline BobbyT

• I live here
  • Housemusic aint for everybody,only the sexy people
car looks fantastic  :cool:
BW3 2018... 7.5 Oryx White R Estate, Black mirrors and rails, Dynaudio, Rear Cam, Climate Screen, 90% tints

Offline Aidey

• Here all the time
They are great cars, look super, drive superb, but my time with my CS is coming to an end now, ive said before the issues ive had, so im trading the CS in next month. Got a few options to look at, but enjoy your CS guys...
Owner Mk8 ClubSport
Sold Mk8 Golf R....
Sold Gti DSG 2020 Performance Indium Grey .....
Gti Sold... ClubSport Edition 40 , ... Sold Aug 2018....

Offline Davey-c

• GTI forum regular
They are great cars, look super, drive superb, but my time with my CS is coming to an end now, ive said before the issues ive had, so im trading the CS in next month. Got a few options to look at, but enjoy your CS guys...

Sorry to hear that Aidey. Good luck with the hunt for a new car.👍🏻
2023 Golf R 20 Years, Lapiz Blue, 19 Inch Black Estoril Alloys, Rear Camera, Harmon Kardon Sound System.