Author Topic: GTD DTUK PedalBox settings?  (Read 10934 times)

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
Re: GTD DTUK PedalBox settings?
« Reply #10 on: 17 March 2017, 14:02 »
The only thing I make sure I to do it never rev the car over 4K when cold no matter what miles is on the car. Is there a need to 'run in' cars anymore?

I guess it's not running in like in ye olden days in your Austin A30 but I still like to give the whole car chance to bed in a bit, engine, turbo, wheels, tyres, gearbox etc.
So I try and vary the revs, keep it below 4k rpm until that point where the ECU seems to trigger the engine mapping to run a bit more enthusiastically after about 500 or 600 miles or so.
I think I just have too much mechanical sympathy for my own good!
‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner

Offline I wanted a GTi

• I live here
« Reply #11 on: 17 March 2017, 21:07 »
The only thing I make sure I to do it never rev the car over 4K when cold no matter what miles is on the car. Is there a need to 'run in' cars anymore?

I guess it's not running in like in ye olden days in your Austin A30 but I still like to give the whole car chance to bed in a bit, engine, turbo, wheels, tyres, gearbox etc.
So I try and vary the revs, keep it below 4k rpm until that point where the ECU seems to trigger the engine mapping to run a bit more enthusiastically after about 500 or 600 miles or so.
I think I just have too much mechanical sympathy for my own good!

The last 5 or more cars I've had from new I've done the same in and the last time I bought oil for a car in between oil changes was over 10 years ago. I think the worst thing you can do is baby a car and don't use it properly. A lot of people try not to go over 3k revs and in doing so labour the car which is worse.

I still do the 'old time' checking the oil and water every couple of days.  :rolleyes:
5 door GTD in night blue collected 1/3/17

Offline I wanted a GTi

• I live here
« Reply #12 on: 17 March 2017, 21:10 »
I have been trying program 2(red) and two reds today. Not bad at all but still need to drive it in town in that setting.
5 door GTD in night blue collected 1/3/17

Offline Mr GTD

• I live here
« Reply #13 on: 17 March 2017, 23:47 »
On the settings front - Was there not a setting that was suppose to be to aggressive for the car and it then started having issues...? with limp mode ect...

Did I read this some where or it the Tuning box I'm thinking about..?
Collected 1st March 17 - MK7 GTD 5dr DSG Pure White With Optional Extras - Tech Pack - Sports & Sound - Pan Roof - Tints - Leather

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #14 on: 18 March 2017, 13:42 »
The tuning box on the '3' setting has been known to cause issues. Probably depending on the version of tuning box and software it's running. Although the tuning boxes are marketed for specific models I'm pretty sure the software on them is used on various engines  of the same capacity (not just the same power output) so the settings can be a bit too much on certain programs.

The pedalbox is the same for all mk7 Golfs and possibly other cars that use the MQB platform. Thanks to its adjustability you can set it up to just take that ridiculous dead bit of travel out which is ideal for models such as the R or ClubSport with more aggressive ECU throttle maps or in Eco models like the GTD you can really liven up the responses which knocks out that bit of lag before the turbo really spools when you're hovering around the 2k RPM mark. Switching the pedalbox off again makes the car seem so lethargic it's unreal!
‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner

Offline Mr GTD

• I live here
« Reply #15 on: 18 March 2017, 19:25 »
The tuning box on the '3' setting has been known to cause issues. Probably depending on the version of tuning box and software it's running. Although the tuning boxes are marketed for specific models I'm pretty sure the software on them is used on various engines  of the same capacity (not just the same power output) so the settings can be a bit too much on certain programs.

The pedalbox is the same for all mk7 Golfs and possibly other cars that use the MQB platform. Thanks to its adjustability you can set it up to just take that ridiculous dead bit of travel out which is ideal for models such as the R or ClubSport with more aggressive ECU throttle maps or in Eco models like the GTD you can really liven up the responses which knocks out that bit of lag before the turbo really spools when you're hovering around the 2k RPM mark. Switching the pedalbox off again makes the car seem so lethargic it's unreal!

Ah I see, thanks Mr Ex for the info and when I do come to fit the Tuning box which will be soon I will stay away from setting 3...just in case!
Collected 1st March 17 - MK7 GTD 5dr DSG Pure White With Optional Extras - Tech Pack - Sports & Sound - Pan Roof - Tints - Leather