Author Topic: What detailing have you done today?  (Read 542020 times)

Offline Jeni_R_

• Here all the time
Re: What detailing have you done today?
« Reply #1370 on: 27 September 2017, 12:13 »
^^

Can you elaborate Jeni? The app or getting a sig up?

If you want, PM me your pics you want to use and tell me in what order you want them and I'll do one for you tonight after work, and PM it to you.  :smiley:

Ive made a sig but its a wee square i want one like yours :) LANDSCAPE i shall send them on to you thanks lovely xx

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #1371 on: 27 September 2017, 12:34 »
^^

If you want, PM me your pics you want to use and tell me in what order you want them and I'll do one for you tonight after work, and PM it to you.  :smiley:

Ive made a sig but its a wee square i want one like yours :) LANDSCAPE i shall send them on to you thanks lovely xx

Ok Jeni x

Have PM'd you.  :smiley:
« Last Edit: 27 September 2017, 12:36 by Booth11 »
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

https://www.flickr.com/photos/booth11

Offline Jeni_R_

• Here all the time
« Reply #1372 on: 27 September 2017, 14:25 »
^^

Ok Jeni x

wooohoooooooooo its worked thanks Rebecca xxxxxxxx

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #1373 on: 27 September 2017, 14:26 »
^^

Ok Jeni x

wooohoooooooooo its worked thanks Rebecca xxxxxxxx

Cool!   :cool:

x
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

Offline Dr Mike Oxgreen

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #1374 on: 05 October 2017, 14:26 »
And back to the boring stuff about detailing.

I'm in the middle of mine right now.  Washed this morning with Dodo Juice Born To Be Mild, and now waxing with Autobrite carnauba, which is a bit of a pain because it's gone a bit smeary.  I'll have a look at it later under lights, but I suspect that I'll have to go over it with some Poorboys QD+ (a Quick Detailer with Carnauba) to sort it out.  I'll do the windows today (Stoners Invisible Glass) and I might, if I have any enthusiasm left, do the wheels with Poorboys Wheel Glaze and the tyres with GTechniq T1 Tyre and Trim. 

Tomorrow I'll do the grilles (honeycomb grilles are a pain in the backside) and the rest of the black trim and rubber seals - I bought some Honda Shin-etsu grease which is really good for door seals, and it should be for the price, and I'll use the GTechniq T1 for the trim, because it lasts a long time.

And that will be the first stage of my winter preparation.  I'll probably give the paintwork another good waxing next month, then keep on top of it by washing weekly with Dodo Juice Sour Power, which contains Carnauba.

I like Carnauba.

Offline Dr Mike Oxgreen

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #1375 on: 05 October 2017, 16:51 »
For those anxious for an update, I've gone over the paintwork with QD+, and it looks less smeary now.  I'll check it under lights later.  Windows are all done, together with the wheels and tyres - Austins are easy to clean, but I'm not completely sure about diamond cut wheels, and there's a lot of diamond cutting on a set of Austins, so a good clean and waxing on a regular basis seems like a good idea.  The tyres are new, and look good with a light application of GTechniq T1.

That's it for now.  Time for a Chinese and a couple of beers.

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #1376 on: 05 October 2017, 20:17 »
And back to the boring stuff about detailing.

I'm in the middle of mine right now.  Washed this morning with Dodo Juice Born To Be Mild, and now waxing with Autobrite carnauba, which is a bit of a pain because it's gone a bit smeary.  I'll have a look at it later under lights, but I suspect that I'll have to go over it with some Poorboys QD+ (a Quick Detailer with Carnauba) to sort it out.  I'll do the windows today (Stoners Invisible Glass) and I might, if I have any enthusiasm left, do the wheels with Poorboys Wheel Glaze and the tyres with GTechniq T1 Tyre and Trim. 

Tomorrow I'll do the grilles (honeycomb grilles are a pain in the backside) and the rest of the black trim and rubber seals - I bought some Honda Shin-etsu grease which is really good for door seals, and it should be for the price, and I'll use the GTechniq T1 for the trim, because it lasts a long time.

And that will be the first stage of my winter preparation.  I'll probably give the paintwork another good waxing next month, then keep on top of it by washing weekly with Dodo Juice Sour Power, which contains Carnauba.

I like Carnauba.

For those anxious for an update, I've gone over the paintwork with QD+, and it looks less smeary now.  I'll check it under lights later.  Windows are all done, together with the wheels and tyres - Austins are easy to clean, but I'm not completely sure about diamond cut wheels, and there's a lot of diamond cutting on a set of Austins, so a good clean and waxing on a regular basis seems like a good idea.  The tyres are new, and look good with a light application of GTechniq T1.

That's it for now.  Time for a Chinese and a couple of beers.

Sounds a thorough job, glad you got rid of the smearing.  :cool:  Any pics to share?  Always nice to see the fruits of hard Detailing labour.

Smearing can be a pita. Less is always more with wax.

I like carnauba too, in fact I love carnauba.  The more carnauba the better.  :laugh:
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #1377 on: 06 October 2017, 15:09 »
Gave it an overdue wash this morning. 

Snow foamed – rinsed – Citrus Pre-washed – rinsed – wheel wash – 2 bucket wash – rinsed – dried - Tailpipes polished - wheels dressed.

Few reflections and a bit of pearl flake.

Been trying WoWo’s new Wheel Cleaner for the last few washes and it’s really good stuff. 
Super easy to use as it’s pre-diluted so just spray on and rinse off.  I always spray wheel cleaner on prior to snow foaming then rinse it off along with the snow foam. 

Here’s a little vid just showing the Prets after being sprayed with WoWo Wheel Cleaner, snow foamed on top, then both rinsed off with pressure washer lance but before any further ‘touch’ cleaning, not much needed though, just a bit of attention behind the spokes.  Wheels are sealed with Gtechniq C2v3 which was applied a few weeks back.  Not the most graceful jet washing action in the vid but was holding phone in one hand and lance in other, so a bit tricky! 

https://youtu.be/zfqg-BdnDss

« Last Edit: 06 October 2017, 15:12 by Booth11 »
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

Offline dubber36

• Forum addict
« Reply #1378 on: 06 October 2017, 16:34 »

My pics are normally of a gleaming black Amarok with a grubby Golf 7 in its reflections.  :grin:
Red Mk6 gone replaced with a white Mk7 which has gone too. Green Mk2 here to stay.

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #1379 on: 06 October 2017, 16:42 »

My pics are normally of a gleaming black Amarok with a grubby Golf 7 in its reflections.  :grin:

:grin:

I'm balancing things out then. :grin:  One gleaming black Golf R with a very grubby Amarok in its reflections.  :evil:
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual