Author Topic: Mr Muscle????  (Read 1589 times)

VW BUSH

Mr Muscle????
« on: 18 October 2014, 17:27 »
Is it safe to clean a VW/Audi Turbo Diesel with Mr Muscle?
I.E filling it up, actuating it for 30 mins by hand and then running it up and taking it for a blast?
Sends shivers down my spine but a Diesel mechanic said this was safe....
I just thinking of all the lose crap grinding up in the turbo its got to be done off the car surely?

Offline Waspy

• I live here
Re: Mr Muscle????
« Reply #1 on: 18 October 2014, 19:52 »

Now who's the pikey? You need to check out the detailing section ;)

Seriously though, which bit of the car are you taking about here. Surely there is proper stuff for whatever you are planning?
It's a mk2. Fill it, drive it, enjoy it.  :smiley:

Offline barrym381

• Forum addict
« Reply #2 on: 18 October 2014, 20:04 »
I.E filling it up, actuating it for 30 mins by hand and then running it up and taking it for a blast?
Sends shivers down my spine but a Diesel mechanic said this was safe....
I just thinking of all the lose crap grinding up in the turbo its got to be done off the car surely?
yes and its meant to be better than innotec a mate told me when we had the a3 tdi  :smiley:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PbUAfzi5BdM
« Last Edit: 18 October 2014, 20:14 by barrym381 »

VW BUSH

« Reply #3 on: 18 October 2014, 22:30 »
Hmmm still undecided on it, not sure big flakes of crap coming off wont hurt....
Don't need to do mine thankfully but was a bit astonished when I found out folks do this, you live and learn eh.

Offline thai-wronghorse

• Serious forum addict
  • mk1 Seat Leon FR TDI
« Reply #4 on: 19 October 2014, 00:10 »
Yep it's absolutely fine, it's a very common cure for sticky VNT's and been carried out but thousands of people for many years. I'm about to do my PD130 as it happens and for £1.99 you can't really go wrong...well unless you squirt it down the wrong hole into the cylinder head.  :rolleyes:

Offline Thom89

• Forum addict
  • Looking for an "Icebreaker"
« Reply #5 on: 19 October 2014, 01:07 »
Are you on about freeing up a sticking turbo?
My 07 plate Audi A6 TDI had this problem, treated it to a bottle of STP Turbo Cleaner, , which I was sceptical about, but had nothing to lose, after 50 or so miles, the turbo was functioning properly, and did so for the next 13k before i sold the car earlier this year... and would like to think its still going strong!

Thom