Author Topic: Golf MK6 GTD - 2011 Potential Purchase - Thoughts/Advise?  (Read 13185 times)

Offline Dipesh2031

• GTI forum regular
  • Options bae?
Re: Golf MK6 GTD - 2011 Potential Purchase - Thoughts/Advise?
« Reply #10 on: 13 June 2014, 18:20 »
That sounds amazing! I would jump on it 100%

Remaps will see you 200bhp easy with lots of torque around 400nm+ mpg wont really rise as with the map, you'll be loving it all that much more!
MK6 GTi - Black - DSG - 18' Monza shadow - Luxury Pack - Convenience pack - Park assist - Xenons - RNS510 - Adaptive chassis control - Dynaudio - Bluetooth - Reverse camera - front/rear sensors --mods-- Evoms Intake - Eurojet/stasis Turboback Catless 3" exhaust

Offline Starfox

• Not said much yet
« Reply #11 on: 17 June 2014, 09:46 »
I am hoping to do a deal today if possible but there is one thing bugging me a little.

The car was advertised with an RNS510 player which obviously has full Sat Nav.  When I went to see it the first thing the dealer told me was when he had got the car the RNS510 player had been swapped out with a non-Sat Nav unit (RCD510 I believe).  Hence he said there was no sound from the speakers as the Dynaudio Sound Pack didn't work with the swapped head unit and he was sourcing one from the main VW breaker in England and would be fitting the proper RNS510 back in.

Does the above even make sense and am I likely to get caught out were I don't have all the full features of the RNS510 if it is installed and was not originally meant to be?  How can I check if there is actually Dynaudio Sound Pack Installed?

Thanks!
2011 MK6 GTD 5dr Carbon Grey, 18" Charleston, Xenons, ACC, RNS 510, Dynaudio, Bluetooth, Cruise Control, Front & Rear Sensors, Winter Pack
http://www.spritmonitor.de/en/detail/645595.html

Offline jonathan_phang

• Not said much yet
« Reply #12 on: 17 June 2014, 15:13 »
Dynaudio (from what I can gather) is a combination of physically different speakers, and then a mode enabled on the RNS-510 to alter the sound output to the speakers ie. There isn't a specific Dynaudio RNS-510. As part of the fitting they would have to use VCDS (or dealer equivalent) to enable this mode on the RND-510 that they had sourced, but as long as the speakers are already fitted, then shouldn't be a problem theoretically.
Candy White MK6 Golf GTD | DSG | Heated Leather | RNS 510

Offline SRGTD

• I live here
« Reply #13 on: 17 June 2014, 15:57 »
Visible signs that a Golf has got Dynaudio will be the amp under the front passenger seat, cased in a black plastic surround and the high frequency tweeters will have a chrome surround, and will be badged with the Dynaudio logo.
2020 Polo GTI Plus; Pure White, DSG (because they all are)
Gone but not forgotten;
2016 Polo GTI; Blue Silk
2011 mk6 Golf GTD; Carbon Grey
2007 mk5 Golf GT (2.0 170bhp TDI version); Deep Black Pearl
2002  mk4 Golf GTI (the 150 bhp diesel version); Deep Black Pearl

Offline Starfox

• Not said much yet
« Reply #14 on: 17 June 2014, 21:25 »
Thanks for the help - checked what you said SRGTD and seen the visible signs OK.  He has a RNS 510 unit coming this week and will be fitting it this weekend and I done the deal this evening and put down a deposit!!

Time to get the Type R sold now  :smiley:

Really appreciate the help on these forums - will be sure to get a few photos of it up and I collect it.  Quite a few swirls in the dark paint from paint washing routine obviously so first thing will be a full polish to try and remove these but it really is a lovely looking (And driving!) car.
2011 MK6 GTD 5dr Carbon Grey, 18" Charleston, Xenons, ACC, RNS 510, Dynaudio, Bluetooth, Cruise Control, Front & Rear Sensors, Winter Pack

Offline Starfox

• Not said much yet
« Reply #15 on: 08 July 2014, 21:23 »
Finally some pics - Type R is now sold  :cry:

Few problems along the way with the Golf including finding out the air-con compressor was gone and needs replaced, experiencing the dreaded drone from rear saw-toothed tyres and the driver door needing adjusted as it was not seated right when closed...but getting there!

Air-con compressor being replaced and two new tyres (Good Year F1's) going on in a couple of weeks as well as a full 4 point alignment done (hoping when it is aligned it won't just give me the same problem but actually fix it if it is done to the recommended VW Geometry!).  Dreaded whiteworm is quite bad on one of the alloys as well - dammit for being so excited and not noticing it when viewing it...

Question - first run give me 55MPG from the car computer but when calculated it was closer to 48MPG - usual to be this far out?!

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #16 on: 08 July 2014, 22:15 »
Looking vey good  :cool:

Even better once you get the teething issues sorted.  Change to F1s and geometry check should sort the sawtooth wear issue and a decent wheel refurb should sort the dreaded whiteworm.

Enjoy  :smiley:
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

https://www.flickr.com/photos/booth11

Offline ajmoir36

• I live here
« Reply #17 on: 10 July 2014, 20:33 »
http://youtu.be/nKAHtlR0pHE 70mpg in the GTD.
Diagonally parked in a parallel universe.
On Order: Mk8 R, Pure White, Reversing Camera, Harmon Kardon, Heated seats all round.
Gone: Mk7.5 R, 5dr, DSG, Deep Pearl Black, 18” Cadiz, Nav, Winter Pack, Keyless, Dynaudio and Reversing camera.
Gone: Mk7 R, 5dr, DSG, Limestone Grey, 19" Pretoria's, Nav Pro, DCC, Winter Pack, Keyless, Mobile Prep and Reversing Camera.
Gone: Mk6 GTD, 5dr, Manual, Tornado Red, 18" Vancouvers, RCD510 + Dynaudio, heated seats.