Author Topic: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?  (Read 2765133 times)

Offline Watts

• Forum addict
Re: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?
« Reply #7710 on: 09 December 2017, 12:10 »
First one, no idea.

Second one, why do you not have the AC turned on? I leave mine on all the time and have done for 15 years or more.

As for the tyres, the PS4 tyres I fitted are so much better than the Bridgestone  so I can only think how much better the PS4S tyres would be.

I use the AC if the car is steaming up but otherwise switch it off. Not sure if that would make any difference? I might give it a go though, nothing to loose. Thanks :smiley:

I can't imagine much difference between the PS4 and the PS4S but I reckon they are essential if you want to get the best from these cars, well worth the money particularly as so far I haven't actually spent any :laugh:

Not today but yesterday I ordered a set of badge skins and my wife is buying me a revo map for Christmas.

You have your wife very well trained, I asked for a VWR turbo elbow but I'm fairly sure the look I got wasn't very positive :sad:
2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.

Was - 2015 Tornado Red 3dr GTI PP, manual, Santiagos, Audi short shifter.

Offline mcmaddy

• Forum addict
« Reply #7711 on: 09 December 2017, 16:43 »
Been back to dealers once again as I still have a rattle noise. They are still adamant it's the wastegate actuator but imagine my surprise after taking it to my local tyre and exhaust place to find out it's the centre box section of the exhaust rattling! How can two different dealers after three visits not manage to find an issue that was diagnosed within 2 minutes of car being up on the ramp. Now I just need to tell the dealer that I've found the issue and they need to replace the exhaust.
TCR, Pure Grey, DCC, Dynaudio and Climate Screen.

Offline I wanted a GTi

• I live here
« Reply #7712 on: 09 December 2017, 17:03 »
Been back to dealers once again as I still have a rattle noise. They are still adamant it's the wastegate actuator but imagine my surprise after taking it to my local tyre and exhaust place to find out it's the centre box section of the exhaust rattling! How can two different dealers after three visits not manage to find an issue that was diagnosed within 2 minutes of car being up on the ramp. Now I just need to tell the dealer that I've found the issue and they need to replace the exhaust.

I don't think you need anyone on here to tell you why they didn't find it. It does drive me mad though that dealers don't seem to have any people that have even the smallest bit of knowledge now days.

At least you've now found the problem for them.
5 door GTD in night blue collected 1/3/17

Offline I wanted a GTi

• I live here
« Reply #7713 on: 09 December 2017, 17:06 »
First one, no idea.

Second one, why do you not have the AC turned on? I leave mine on all the time and have done for 15 years or more.

As for the tyres, the PS4 tyres I fitted are so much better than the Bridgestone  so I can only think how much better the PS4S tyres would be.

I use the AC if the car is steaming up but otherwise switch it off. Not sure if that would make any difference? I might give it a go though, nothing to loose. Thanks :smiley:

I can't imagine much difference between the PS4 and the PS4S but I reckon they are essential if you want to get the best from these cars, well worth the money particularly as so far I haven't actually spent any :laugh:

Not today but yesterday I ordered a set of badge skins and my wife is buying me a revo map for Christmas.

You have your wife very well trained, I asked for a VWR turbo elbow but I'm fairly sure the look I got wasn't very positive :sad:

You're doing more damage to your system by not having the AC on all the time.

My wife is into cars too, in fact I meet her at a track weekend.

Offline mcmaddy

• Forum addict
« Reply #7714 on: 09 December 2017, 18:03 »

I don't think you need anyone on here to tell you why they didn't find it. It does drive me mad though that dealers don't seem to have any people that have even the smallest bit of knowledge now days.

At least you've now found the problem for them.

Just now getting prepared for the battle ahead haha shouldn't laugh really 😔
TCR, Pure Grey, DCC, Dynaudio and Climate Screen.

Offline I wanted a GTi

• I live here
« Reply #7715 on: 11 December 2017, 18:39 »
Went out in this evening to the office and driving along at 20mph in what can only be described as a JOKE to council and a muppet in a VW transporter pulled out in front of me.

Luckily I was able to stop but I let him know my feelings by blowing the horn to which he got very agitated and with seriously good dexterity was able to not only shout while letting his window down but was also able to give several different hand gestures.

Unfortunately the one thing he forgot to do was straighten his steering wheel and while hanging out his window still shouting and by this stage foaming at the mouth he drove straight into the car behind me.

I got out with my crutch in hand(I've a broken leg) to see him running at me while doing his best attempt of bamby on ice so I stuck my crutch out and knocked him down. At this point I realised that the car he drove into was an unmarked cop car.

Moral of the story, if your going to drive like a tw@t don't get angry when it's your fault and be an even bigger tw@t. He broke his arm and was drink driving.

Anyone after a very nice looking albeit slightly dented 16 plate top of the range VW transporter I think there should be one coming on the market soon as he is a sole trader(and a tw@t)

Offline Eccie

• Here all the time
  • Keyless & Penniless
« Reply #7716 on: 11 December 2017, 18:48 »
Went out in this evening to the office and driving along at 20mph in what can only be described as a JOKE to council and a muppet in a VW transporter pulled out in front of me.

Luckily I was able to stop but I let him know my feelings by blowing the horn to which he got very agitated and with seriously good dexterity was able to not only shout while letting his window down but was also able to give several different hand gestures.

Unfortunately the one thing he forgot to do was straighten his steering wheel and while hanging out his window still shouting and by this stage foaming at the mouth he drove straight into the car behind me.

I got out with my crutch in hand(I've a broken leg) to see him running at me while doing his best attempt of bamby on ice so I stuck my crutch out and knocked him down. At this point I realised that the car he drove into was an unmarked cop car.

Moral of the story, if your going to drive like a tw@t don't get angry when it's your fault and be an even bigger tw@t. He broke his arm and was drink driving.

Anyone after a very nice looking albeit slightly dented 16 plate top of the range VW transporter I think there should be one coming on the market soon as he is a sole trader(and a tw@t)

I bet that made your day - I think you should also go and buy a lottery ticket tonight

Offline Watts

• Forum addict
« Reply #7717 on: 11 December 2017, 18:49 »
^^ As above and can you share your numbers pretty please :wink: :laugh:
2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.

Was - 2015 Tornado Red 3dr GTI PP, manual, Santiagos, Audi short shifter.

Offline hog_hedge

• I live here
« Reply #7718 on: 11 December 2017, 20:23 »

That is brilliant. He’s going to feel like a right tit once he sobers up. He’ll get a criminal record too, ouch!

Offline I wanted a GTi

• I live here
« Reply #7719 on: 12 December 2017, 12:18 »
Do you really get a criminal record by getting done for drink driving? Ouch