Author Topic: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?  (Read 2764450 times)

Offline I wanted a GTi

• I live here
Re: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?
« Reply #7410 on: 19 October 2017, 18:19 »
Burger Motorsport Short throw clutch stop arrived today from ML Performance with a nice hand written note from the company owner.

So simple to fit, had to cut the end off as too long, also removed one spacer.

Just popped out for a quick drive and have to admit it does feel nicer to drive, was also able to re-adjust my seating position and sit a little further back. All in all a worth while little mod for us manual owners.

Any problems with autohold?
5 door GTD in night blue collected 1/3/17

Offline Watts

• Forum addict
« Reply #7411 on: 19 October 2017, 20:11 »
I love both auto and manual but for a GTI, got to be a manual, loving it :smiley:. Hoping the mods I do sharpen up the experience, the spring delete was a good start, hopefully the delay valve removal will be worthwhile too. May try that at the weekend whilst I have a (un)willing helper for bleeding :whistle:

I'm now wondering how it will work with auto hold? I have come to depend on it now. You only have to move your foot a small amount on the clutch for the autohold to let go. I think the way VW used to do it where you also needed to press the throttle.

Should be fine, one of the reasons why you can adjust the depth so it doesn't interfere with automated systems.
2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.

Was - 2015 Tornado Red 3dr GTI PP, manual, Santiagos, Audi short shifter.

Offline Vwjap

• I live here
« Reply #7412 on: 20 October 2017, 12:41 »
Cars gone in for repairs, got a merc a class as a loan

Offline Sequence

• Not said much yet
« Reply #7413 on: 21 October 2017, 20:47 »
Traded in a MK7 GT tdi 150 for a 16 Mk7 R, What an animal...  :grin:
Golf Mk7 R Lapiz Blue Manual

Gone, Golf MK7 2.0TDI GT Tungsten Silver

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #7414 on: 22 October 2017, 14:50 »
Burger Motorsport Short throw clutch stop arrived today from ML Performance with a nice hand written note from the company owner.

So simple to fit, had to cut the end off as too long, also removed one spacer.

Just popped out for a quick drive and have to admit it does feel nicer to drive, was also able to re-adjust my seating position and sit a little further back. All in all a worth while little mod for us manual owners.

Any problems with autohold?

I had one of these on my R.
Well, the one Watts linked to not the Burger one.

No issues with auto hold.

I did find that a couple washers needed removing or the pedal just hit the stopper with a bump on every gear change if you were in a bit of a hurry. Or not in a hurry sometimes.
I forgot to remove it from the car when I sold it and didn't think I'd missed it in the meantime until I read this thread...

You could probably make one easily enough with some washers and a long trim peg/clip/thingy if you could be arsed but for what they cost I'm sure most of us are too lazy to work out what size bits you'd need so just take the easy route and order one.

Unlike a pedal box which is an "essential" mod this one comes under "worthwhile but not essential"

There seems to be a distinct lack of a photo which is against the law.

But a hearty congratulations anyway!  :grin:

What's the rest of the spec?
When will you be getting a pedal box fitted?  :laugh:

Good to see you got one with a proper gearbox too  :whistle:
‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner

Offline Sequence

• Not said much yet
« Reply #7415 on: 22 October 2017, 16:55 »

Pictures will have to wait the thing is filthy already no thanks to brian  :angry:
Pretty much standard manual 5dr  apart from the lapiz and a dealer fitted kenwood/garmin satnav which i found out about on collection.
No pedal box for me insurance wont allow i believe and it already cost a bomb for the insurance.

It had to be manual i did try DSG and i was impressed i was also impressed by the 8speed ZF on the BMW M140i but nothing beats a good manual  :grin:

Offline I wanted a GTi

• I live here
« Reply #7416 on: 22 October 2017, 17:11 »

Pictures will have to wait the thing is filthy already no thanks to brian  :angry:
Pretty much standard manual 5dr  apart from the lapiz and a dealer fitted kenwood/garmin satnav which i found out about on collection.
No pedal box for me insurance wont allow i believe and it already cost a bomb for the insurance.

It had to be manual i did try DSG and i was impressed i was also impressed by the 8speed ZF on the BMW M140i but nothing beats a good manual  :grin:

Congratulations on the new car. Did your insurance company know exactly what a pedel box is? The reason I ask is some of them think it is like a tuning box.
5 door GTD in night blue collected 1/3/17

Offline Sequence

• Not said much yet
« Reply #7417 on: 22 October 2017, 17:25 »

Congratulations on the new car. Did your insurance company know exactly what a pedel box is? The reason I ask is some of them think it is like a tuning box.
Thankyou,
I dont have one nor have i asked it is admiral so not sure exactly on their view.. Though i am happy with the response especially in race mode  :laugh:

Offline CHB100

• Here all the time
« Reply #7418 on: 22 October 2017, 17:50 »

Thankyou,
I dont have one nor have i asked it is admiral so not sure exactly on their view.. Though i am happy with the response especially in race mode  :laugh:
[/quote]
Yep, I said that in May when I first drove mine. The RH Booth correctly predicted give it 3 months. She was right on this occasion :grin: Seriously you will do the same, but enjoy for now. BTW I haven't mentioned it to my insurance co. I'll argue the toss in court if ever necessary.
Arrived 15/5/17 Mk 7.5 R Lapiz 5dr DSG, Prets, Pan Roof, DCC, Rear View Cam.
Our other car is a Mk7 GTI DSG 5dr Tungsten, Vienna, Rear View Cam, Park assist.

Offline Jim_mk7.5

• I live here
« Reply #7419 on: 22 October 2017, 20:37 »
Gave mine a good bath... Not had a wash in a few weeks or so. Over 3k now and absolutely love the GTI.

So easy to clean, I did the wheels and calipers in Platinum Wheels when I got it and it makes cleaning really easy.

Love the red details at night with the Indium Grey.

NOW - 330e M Sport
GONE - 2018 Mk7.5 GTI Performance 5dr DSG, Tungsten Silver, 2017 Mk7.5 GTI 5dr DSG, Indium Grey