Author Topic: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?  (Read 2773860 times)

Offline Talk-torque

• I live here
Re: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?
« Reply #8140 on: 18 February 2018, 18:20 »
For one reason, or another, I've not been able to keep my car clean this winter. Got to it today and pleasantly surprised at how well it has stood up to the salt and grit. The paint has come up really nice, with just a few new chips at the front. The tail pipes looked awful, but a few minutes with Autosol and they came up like new. Best of all, the wheels came clean and shiny with only a few tiny chips on the black paint and no white worm. There is just one tiny area on the outside edge of one rear wheel which is slightly milky looking and needs investigating.
All in all I'm impressed with these aspects of the car, as it approaches two years and 18K miles. All three much better than my previous Golfs.
Roger.

Pure White MY19 GTI PP 5 Door DSG with 19” Brescias.

Offline MjrSharpe

• Here all the time
« Reply #8141 on: 21 February 2018, 09:25 »
Ordered a gloss black lip spoiler.

Which one did you go for? I'm looking at getting the rieger one soon :) Have you any pics?
2016 GTI - Tornado Red, M52 remap, DTUK Pedal box, dv+, racingline turbo elbow, forge turbo muffler delete, racingline springs, racingline stage 2 BBK, novus 0.1 wheels, injen induction kit ,st rear anti roll bar, TT short shift, 034 motorsports dogbone upper / lower inserts, sachs organic clutch, custom stainless steel exhaust, res delete, leyo bezels, oettinger rear spoiler, maxton splitter, golf r rear lights

Offline Jdm owner

• Not said much yet
« Reply #8142 on: 21 February 2018, 14:01 »
Went for Maxton design splitter in the end. Fast turn round on postage and was told by the body shop who fitted it was hassle free fitment sits well.

Offline Little Lofty

• Not said much yet
« Reply #8143 on: 22 February 2018, 22:47 »
Cleaned the exhaust tips, they've been black ever since I got the car, so it was well overdue. Very sad I know, but you can't beat a shiny exhaust  :laugh:

Alfa Four Cheese

Offline kane1210

• Here all the time
« Reply #8144 on: 25 February 2018, 17:58 »

Cleaned polished and worshipped ....💘

Offline MKgti

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #8145 on: 25 February 2018, 19:55 »

Cleaned polished and worshipped ....💘

Beautiful! Looks lovely. Nice photo, like the number plate too, was looking for something similar myself.
Collected and being driven....... Gti PP 5dr DSG Tornado red, tints and Brescia's.

Offline MjrSharpe

• Here all the time
« Reply #8146 on: 26 February 2018, 15:16 »
I’ve had a look at the Maxton one and think I’m going to go for this one now too :) did you order it directly ? Is is black textured or gloss black ?
2016 GTI - Tornado Red, M52 remap, DTUK Pedal box, dv+, racingline turbo elbow, forge turbo muffler delete, racingline springs, racingline stage 2 BBK, novus 0.1 wheels, injen induction kit ,st rear anti roll bar, TT short shift, 034 motorsports dogbone upper / lower inserts, sachs organic clutch, custom stainless steel exhaust, res delete, leyo bezels, oettinger rear spoiler, maxton splitter, golf r rear lights

Offline Cossieian

• Here all the time
« Reply #8147 on: 26 February 2018, 20:59 »
Not today but yesterday :huh:
Painted my hubs, give car a quick wash and polished my pipes.
Plan to give the arches a good cleaning out once the salt is off the roads :angry:

image by cossieian, on Flickr

Current: MK7 Golf R (Limestone Grey) DSG, 19 Prets, Winter Pack, Rear Camera, High Beam Assist, Apple Connect, Gloss Black Mirrors
Gone: MK7 Golf R (Tornado Red) DSG, Winter Pack, Keyless, Gloss Black Mirrors
Gone: MK7 Golf GTD (Pure White)

Offline mcmaddy

• Forum addict
« Reply #8148 on: 27 February 2018, 09:37 »
What paint did you use? Looks excellent painted.
TCR, Pure Grey, DCC, Dynaudio and Climate Screen.

Offline I wanted a GTi

• I live here
« Reply #8149 on: 27 February 2018, 12:25 »
Looks great, those wheels look great too btw.
5 door GTD in night blue collected 1/3/17