Author Topic: my scirocco gt2 ( soon to be a valver )  (Read 59088 times)

Offline mk2 helper

• Here all the time
Re: my scirocco gt2 ( soon to be a valver )
« Reply #250 on: 24 December 2013, 13:09 »
so shes on the road again  :smiley: and since getting a new job i had a fully equipt workshop with a ramp making  so i set making up a new exhaust as couldnt afford a shiny off the shelf item so i decided to make my own and free up some lingering exhaust gasses that were slowing me down.

after this ive had a few issues with second hand untested gearbox's and such but finally got myself a good one and went out for a night seing people in hull and thaught ide give ruby a treat and put some nice expensive v-power in her. wich ended badly burning up my cylinder head and generally breaking things. so was time for a new head.

decided it was time for an upgrade whilst i had her in pieces so i ditched the carb and went injection  :smiley: for reliability a bit more economy and having a car that actually wants to start when its cold.

started her up and the ran a dream for all of around 30 seconds untill i noticed exhaust gasses bubling there way through the expansion tank  :angry:

so another cylinder head this time a painted and cleaned up one was fitted and all was well again.

in between all of this changed the seats to some comfy leathers as the buckets were too much for this time of year

all that and a different set of wheels rolled and stretches wheel arches and more lows and here is how she stands now after another night out playing in hull and coming across an abandoned lorry trailor :)

if in doubt go flat out

Offline Mcwill

• Here all the time
« Reply #251 on: 24 December 2013, 23:39 »
Now then bud loving the pic of your car under the lorry. That engine looks sweet  :wink:

Offline mk2 helper

• Here all the time
« Reply #252 on: 25 December 2013, 10:15 »
Cheers dude  :smiley: it was loads tidier when was running a carb now need to get all clever again and tuck away all that messy wiring for the injections s have her looming epi. Again :)

if in doubt go flat out