Author Topic: vw golf mk3 vr6 original front absorber(oil)vs oem bilstein b4 absorber(gas)?  (Read 4639 times)

Offline faigolfgti

• Not said much yet
As topic above!My golf mk3 vr6 front absorbers damper is due for replacement so i cannot decide between the original vw front absorbers (oil) or lower cost bilstein b4 front absorber (gas)?Please advise me if the cost in not a problem between this two absorbers which should i take?
Thank You.

Offline Wayne

• Sir Postalot
Bilstein is the best choice :smiley:

Offline GolGeetz

• Just got here
Hi! Sorry for bumping up an old thread. I just have a bit of problem in choosing replacement shocks for my car.

I have VW GTI 1.8T 2003 which is fully stock and used for daily driving. I need to replace the shocks and decided to go with Bilstein. Since my car has the factory stock spring, I'm not sure what to choose from. What is the best option between the B6 (HD) and the Sport B8 (SP)? Can someone give me the comparison?

Offline WeekendMechanic

• Here all the time
  • Golf MK3 GTD
Hi! Sorry for bumping up an old thread. I just have a bit of problem in choosing replacement shocks for my car.

I have VW GTI 1.8T 2003 which is fully stock and used for daily driving. I need to replace the shocks and decided to go with Bilstein. Since my car has the factory stock spring, I'm not sure what to choose from. What is the best option between the B6 (HD) and the Sport B8 (SP)? Can someone give me the comparison?

It depends on the roads you use if there flat and smooth put bilstein gas on if there not go for the original oils...