Author Topic: Jay's V5 Passat  (Read 35617 times)

Offline Jay

• Forum addict
  • balding fat cvnt
Re: Jay's V5 Passat
« Reply #100 on: 15 April 2012, 22:40 »
Treated the beaut to a clean today :cool: Could still do with a proper TONA scrub, but that means spending more than £8 on a platinum wash  :laugh:

I should really put together a list of things I want to sort out on her...
Passat B5.5 2.3 V5 170, with all the extras.

Want some online storage? Click here to sign up for a Dropbox account.

But for the purest engine experience, displacement has no replacement. All other methods are simply attempts to artificially recreate the benefits of displacement.

Offline Martz

• Forum Supporter
  • I live here
« Reply #101 on: 16 April 2012, 11:30 »
I took out the Nokia cradle that was in there and am now thinking of how I'm going to put my phone's dock on the metal mounting plate that is still there - it may require a little fab work to either the current dock or the mounting plate though.

I was going to remove that but it is a fantastic take a way holder, curry, chinese etc etc.  :wink:

Offline Jay

• Forum addict
  • balding fat cvnt
« Reply #102 on: 16 April 2012, 13:24 »
Should have used it the other night, the Chinese fell over and almost spilt it's load over the passenger footwell  :grin:  Still got to decide how to mount my phone dock to the metal plate from the old nokia dock...  :undecided:

But for the purest engine experience, displacement has no replacement. All other methods are simply attempts to artificially recreate the benefits of displacement.

Offline Jay

• Forum addict
  • balding fat cvnt
« Reply #103 on: 29 April 2012, 18:53 »
Replaced the auto-sensing wiper relay (192) with the manual selection relay (377) so I use the switch on top of the stalks for the lower speed settings, the auto sense bit didn't work and is a common problem on Passats.

Also got round to ordering a Turtle Wax head light resto kit, I don't want to take the headlight out the car to use a drill attachment and don't fancy damaging the paintwork with a drill attachment with the headlight on the car, I also don't have polish to use so would have worked out more expensive buying the polish & sealant etc

Just hope it stops raining by the time it comes from the good old U S of A  :laugh:

Offline boneybradley

• Forum Supporter
  • Serious forum addict
  • Back in a Mk3...
« Reply #104 on: 30 April 2012, 18:46 »
Replaced the auto-sensing wiper relay (192) with the manual selection relay (377) so I use the switch on top of the stalks for the lower speed settings, the auto sense bit didn't work and is a common problem on Passats.

you mean the random-wiper relay!! It's good fun watching the wipers fly across the screen in drizzle and then count 4 seconds when it really pour's, and mine are apparently working correctly  :huh:
Moderator of The Dub-Tug Squad!! (What some call the MK3 section!)

Full range of quality parts for your Volkswagen available at Oemandmore.co.uk

Offline Jay

• Forum addict
  • balding fat cvnt
« Reply #105 on: 30 April 2012, 20:03 »
No, mine didn't work at all unless on the highest setting on the stalk switch and then it was every 10+ seconds  :laugh:

It now goes from like 8 on highest to 2 seconds on lowest (guestimated) with the 377 wiper relay, dropping the drivers side dash down to change it makes it so much bloody easier!

Offline Jay

• Forum addict
  • balding fat cvnt
« Reply #106 on: 06 May 2012, 17:34 »
So I walk out to my car this morning to find blood splattered across the N/S/R door, two dents in it and another f#cking deep scratch  :cry: Not f#cuking happy :angry: The guy who lives at the house where my allocated parking space is had a fight last night, we didn't hear it but got told a little while later by a friend who saw the whole thing.

Anyone know how easy these would come out or if it's new door job ?

Offline Jay

• Forum addict
  • balding fat cvnt
« Reply #107 on: 09 June 2012, 17:44 »
No one got any idea about the door?  :huh:

On a better note I had a free afternoon today so sorted out the headlight, looks much better than what it did! It doesn't look brand new, but it sure as hell looks 100% better than what it did this morning  :grin:

Forgot to take a before shot when it was yellowish, but this is what it looks like now.

Offline JC

• Global Moderator
  • 10k hero
  • Back in the North.
« Reply #108 on: 09 June 2012, 17:48 »
jay, dents might come out, the dent man we use covers oxford too, i will get details

Offline Jay

• Forum addict
  • balding fat cvnt
« Reply #109 on: 09 June 2012, 18:08 »
ta :afro: