Author Topic: Battlefield 3 Beta (XBOX)  (Read 5373 times)

Offline shepgti

• I live here
Re: Battlefield 3 Beta (XBOX)
« Reply #20 on: 03 October 2011, 23:04 »
this is what should have been released as the open beta http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H9ndz13zUms

Offline stu646

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #21 on: 04 October 2011, 00:15 »
this is what should have been released as the open beta http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H9ndz13zUms

Agree 100%

Metro is not a great map at all, this map on the other hand , looks awesome

Offline Ridg

• I live here
  • TDI - Soot Happens!
« Reply #22 on: 04 October 2011, 08:40 »

Agree 100%

Metro is not a great map at all, this map on the other hand , looks awesome

+2

Offline Steve_PD

• Serious forum addict
  • Cruising around in a Land Cruiser
« Reply #23 on: 04 October 2011, 17:49 »
All the bugs have been fixed its just this release is an old version (due to MS and Sony's long winded certification process)

Does anyone know how to get in the same squad as your party?
We all connect at the main menu in a squad but when we join a game we go into different squads?
I often wonder why people never expect sarcastic comments from me - they're the only reason I speak...

Offline brett

• I live here
« Reply #24 on: 04 October 2011, 17:58 »
downloaded this at the weekend for ps3, like already said took a little getting used to but really like it ,apart from the mentioned feckin flashlights lol,as for your question steve afraid not i tried to join someone yest and couldnt do it

Offline AlanD

• 10k hero
  • MK5 2.0T 16v
« Reply #25 on: 04 October 2011, 18:17 »
We had the same problem Steve, I guess its just another "bug".

Offline bobbarley

• Serious forum addict
  • I'm kind of a big deal...
« Reply #26 on: 04 October 2011, 20:12 »
PC version seems to be plagued with bugs and little problems.  Can't even be bothered it's such a faff.

Offline Khare

• Serious forum addict
  • The bear that khares
« Reply #27 on: 04 October 2011, 20:23 »
PC version seems to be plagued with bugs and little problems.  Can't even be bothered it's such a faff.

Yeah there's quite a few bugs. Just to name a few

- Can shoot and kill through rock
- Straight bolt addon on the SV98 sniper doesn't work
- Sometimes when you're stood still you slip down the slop you're on, like for example if you're on stairs you'll slowly creep down
- Can't bind mouse buttons

What I still don't like is the fact that snipers are not 1 hit kill unless you get them in the head, in real like a sniper shot in the torso or head will kill you. Also the fact that the starter sniper, the SVD is semi automatic and then the unlockable SV98 is bolt action but as I said it requires 2 shots to kill so it's so much easier to use the semi auto one as if you miss/hit them once you can fire off again. Until they make a proper battlefield that is more sniper friendly I won't be happy.

The bugs that people are currently reporting will all be fixed for the release, that's the whole point of the beta, which makes me happy because if it was the actual game that had all these bugs I wouldn't buy it.

Offline bobbarley

• Serious forum addict
  • I'm kind of a big deal...
« Reply #28 on: 04 October 2011, 20:31 »
There's also a lot of keys that are bound that you can't configure from the options menu.  For example J and L.  so if you bind them to something they try to perform multiple actions at once.  Makes it unplayable for me.

Offline Khare

• Serious forum addict
  • The bear that khares
« Reply #29 on: 04 October 2011, 20:37 »
Yeah it's barely playable to be fair. I think if I was asked to create a battlefield game I'd get rid of all these flashlight and laser blinding sh!t, get rid of the markers that hover above you thus revealing yourself to the enemy and allow complete customization of the kit. For example I'd love to have the M16 rifle (although I've yet to try the scar, from previous BFs the scar is always the weapon of my choice) paired up with an RPG on my back, a couple of extra grenades in the pocket and a claymore to go with them. That kit would own  :cool: