Author Topic: Battlefield 3 Beta (XBOX)  (Read 5374 times)

Offline shepgti

• I live here
Re: Battlefield 3 Beta (XBOX)
« Reply #10 on: 29 September 2011, 11:40 »
Yeah, still Metro.

Dare I say it but all these videos that I've seen (from a PC) have left me a bit disappointed with the XBOX graphics, I was expecting a bit more. I assume the graphics in this BETA will be the same as the final release as it's only around the corner?

says on the website that the beta software will still be tweaked before launch

Offline opel

• I live here
« Reply #11 on: 02 October 2011, 22:20 »
bloody hard to get on with at first. but slowly getting there

Offline Steve_PD

• Serious forum addict
  • Cruising around in a Land Cruiser
« Reply #12 on: 02 October 2011, 22:21 »
enjoying it more now, can be very frustration at times. looking forward to the full game
I often wonder why people never expect sarcastic comments from me - they're the only reason I speak...

Offline stu646

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #13 on: 03 October 2011, 16:39 »
I feel a little let down playing this on the Xbox 360. Have been pumped up for this game for months now, but the graphics are not as amazing as I thought they would be and so so so many bugs and glitches in the beta..yes I know it is a beta, but with only a matter of weeks to go , I hope they can sort them all out. Not to mention the wonderful EA servers.

Main problem is the map and game mode though, I would of released the beta with a bigger, outside map and better game mode.

Offline shepgti

• I live here
« Reply #14 on: 03 October 2011, 16:44 »
ps3 beta is also very very glitchy and laggy. Does look good though.

Offline Ridg

• I live here
  • TDI - Soot Happens!
« Reply #15 on: 03 October 2011, 17:14 »
Main problem is the map and game mode though, I would of released the beta with a bigger, outside map and better game mode.

+1

no different from playing BC2 just with loads more bugs and slightly better graphics, they should have done a different map from the alpha or at least a different game mode.

I'm 99% not buying as after playing the ArmA series and RO2 it plays like a kids game.

Offline stu646

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #16 on: 03 October 2011, 17:34 »

+1

no different from playing BC2 just with loads more bugs and slightly better graphics, they should have done a different map from the alpha or at least a different game mode.

I'm 99% not buying as after playing the ArmA series and RO2 it plays like a kids game.

Seems the general mood on most game forums too.

The problem Dice and EA have , if they want to be the number one FPS game, is to win over COD and casual shooter gamers, but even for me, who likes the old Battlefield games , I turned this off after 2 hours of playing.

This could backfire on them, releasing such a bug ridden beta.

Offline cняis

• I live here
  • Know there's something burning over there...
« Reply #17 on: 03 October 2011, 18:44 »
meh... there's so much riding on this that the bugs and glitches will be fixed before too long. Map choice is a bit odd with no vehicle support (especially as the gameplay trailer shows fighter jets, choppers, tanks etc)

My biggest gripe is with the post match summary screens. They're really cluttered and not very easy on the eye. They should have left the layout the same as BFBC2.

Oh and I want a Vietnam add-on for BF3; its all I play on BFBC2 now  :grin:

I don't think a semi will give the same results

Offline stu646

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #18 on: 03 October 2011, 18:48 »
Anyone else getting fed up with the flash lights too?

Had no end of people just running around with them on last night, blinding me , making it near on impossible to play that current game.

Offline Khare

• Serious forum addict
  • The bear that khares
« Reply #19 on: 03 October 2011, 22:01 »
Been playing it on PC for the last 3 hours. Seems so good, remember it's only a beta so it won't be exactly the same when it's released, they'll have fixed all the bugs by then (hence why they use the beta to find those bugs).

I'm loving it really, weapons are good and the graphics are great.